Misc Application pass digits to Misc Destination?

bx10

Reaction score
I apologize if this is well documented somewhere, my searches have come up blank. I’m running PIAF 1.7.5.5 “Purple” / Asterisk 1.8 / FreePBX 2.8.

Is it possible for a Misc Application to receive some extra digits after its own “extension” number, then pass those along to a Misc Destination to use as part of its dial string?

I’m trying to accomplish the following:

1) Shortcut dialing to remote office PSTN DID numbers, so Misc Application would be “43nnn” and that would go to a Misc Destination dialing “1-202-555-5nnn”

2) Dedicated intercom extensions, so dialing 301 is the same as placing an intercom call to extension 201 (3nn = *802nn)

I can accomplish everything I want with a dedicated Misc Application and Misc Destination for each DID or extension, but obviously that’s a far less preferred way to do this.

If at all possible, I’d really rather configure this in FreePBX, rather than by editing conf files. Seems like something that SHOULD be possible, this functionality would have so many practical uses.

Thanks so much for all help!

bx10

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I feel dumb. I should have thought of configuring the DID routing in an outbound route, I actually have some routes with similar functionality now. Just was fixated on the Misc Destination approach.

Any advice on purely internal calls, like my intercom issue?

Thanks again.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
You could do this in extensions_custom.conf
Code:
exten => 301,1,Answer
exten => 301,2,Dial(Local/*80201@from-internal)
but that would require 99 of those. I am not well versed in the variable syntax so maybe one of the gurus here could help with that...

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
You could add some code to "from-internal-custom" in extensions_custom.conf that looks like this.

exten => _3xx,1,goto(from-internal,*802${EXTEN:-2},1)

That should work for anything you dial 3xx and should intercom any 200 series extension.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.