RECOMMENDATIONS Minor Setup problems on IncrediblePBX 12 Ubuntu 14.04 Mini

gladroger

Reaction score
My setup is according to http://nerdvittles.com/?p=11041 on my own VMware ESXi box.

Install went accordingly I think, FreePBX & Asterisk works great. One problem I found was that the automatically created 701 extension didnt work with the voicemail but I solved it by disabling the voicemail on that extension. It works on all other manually created extensions the voicemail works.

Google Voice, my trunks and extensions works great.

I have two problems, the first is how do I correctly install a t*f*t*p-server for the endpoint manager? There seems to be no commands like "setup-t*f*t*p" like in pbxinaflash in command, not sure if that is an error from installation or if the commands isnt included.

My second problem is CID Superfecta 2.11.6 in Freepbx which gives me "Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isManip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/share/php/DB/common.php on line"

Thanks for any input.

11b1p

Reaction score
After a couple dozen installs, this is what I've found to work. Prior to running the IncrediblePBX12.sh script, perhaps right after setting up ssh, install the tftpd server. Here's what I used:

apt-get install t*f*t*p tftpd-hpa
vi /etc/default/tftpd-hpa
change TFTP_DIRECTORY="/var/lib/tftpboot" to "/tftpboot"
change TFTP_OPTIONS="--secure" to "--secure -v"

Then continue on as normal. The IncrediblePBX12 installer will set up a t*f*t*p folder for you. Now after everything is installed, to test it open up two ssh shells. In the first:

tail -f /var/log/syslog

In the second:

cd /root
echo "This is a test." > /tftpboot/test.txt
t*f*t*p localhost
get test.txt
quit
cat test.txt

Watch the log file in the first, you should see the file being requested. When you cat the file you should see "This is a test."

gladroger

Reaction score
After a couple dozen installs, this is what I've found to work. Prior to running the IncrediblePBX12.sh script, perhaps right after setting up ssh, install the tftpd server. Here's what I used:

Thank you 11b1p, it works beautiful!

Anyone have any input on my other problem?

CID Superfecta 2.11.6 in Freepbx which gives me "Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isManip() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /usr/share/php/DB/common.php on line"

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
i keep having nothing but issues after 5 re-installs im starting to think nothing i do will work. i might has to just revert back to a working pbx in a flash that has it all.
i so sad..... im keep trying though

compuguy1088

Reaction score
i keep having nothing but issues after 5 re-installs im starting to think nothing i do will work. i might has to just revert back to a working pbx in a flash that has it all.
i so sad..... im keep trying though

I've had issues as well. tftpd-hpa won't even configure/complete install on ubuntu 14.04, it just hangs. May be how it is configured or the virtual kvm host I'm using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.