Mac OS X Scripting Package for Asterisk

jpe

Reaction score
This is another goodie from Sven Slezak at Mezzo.

The Scripting package includes a scriptable Application for use in AppleScript called AsteriskScripter.
Usage:
You can call the AsteriskScripter from AppleScript:

Code:
tell application "AsteriskScripter"
  dial "01723764958"
  quit
end tell

Link

AsteriskScripter is now also a system service.

Thus any highlighted number in an app that supports services can be dialed.

You will need to install the Asterisk Preference Pane on your Mac as well.

Mezzo's Modules Page

blakekrone

Guru
Reaction score
I love his app_notify, I use it all the time on my MBP. I've been trying to find the time to look at the FreePBX modules so I could make a module that would let you assign IPs/computers to each extension instead of how I currently do it with a ring group entry. But with a new baby girl my Asterisk scripting time is limited.

Reaction score
Trying to make this work

Looking for the steps that I need to take to make this work.

I have some of the pieces installed, but must be missing something. IS anyone using this? Looks like a great set of functionality.

jpe

Reaction score
I love his app_notify, I use it all the time on my MBP. I've been trying to find the time to look at the FreePBX modules so I could make a module that would let you assign IPs/computers to each extension instead of how I currently do it with a ring group entry. But with a new baby girl my Asterisk scripting time is limited.

See this post for the way I call notify. There is also a module, according to description, does what you propose. I have not used it yet so I can not offer a review.

jpe

Reaction score
Looking for the steps that I need to take to make this work.

I have some of the pieces installed, but must be missing something. IS anyone using this? Looks like a great set of functionality.

If you followed the install on Mezzo's page, you should be good to go. The AsteriskScripter must be running. You must also have the Asterisk Prefs Pane installed and configured. Don't use the Speak announcement, it has a bug.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.