DEAL Lowest Cost SIP Terminations (US48 and Canada so far)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's our current "Best of the Best US48 (flat-rate) SIP Termination Providers." Pricing rounded to tenth of a cent. RATES MUST BE PUBLISHED TO QUALIFY!

Are we missing anybody you use and like??

Best of the Best US48 (flat-rate) SIP Termination Providers

FREE - Google Voice*
$.007 - DIDlogic (toll-free $.005) conversational traffic only
$.010 - Flowroute (toll-free $.000)
$.010 - CallWithUs (incl AK, HI, PR, VI)(toll-free $.000)
$.010 - Anveo.com**
$.010 - VoIP.ms (premium route only effective 11/29/13)
$.014 - Vitelity***
$.015 - Les.net
$.020 - CallCentric

* U.S. customers only and may end permanently on or after May, 2014.
** Requires E911 subscription. With Anveo Direct, read this DSLR thread first!
*** Vitelity is a major financial contributor to the PIAF and Nerd Vittles projects.

Last edited by a moderator:

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
This is a great list -- It might be cool to have the same for Origination. Of course, that's more difficult, because of coverage issues. Also, those of us who call Canada (or are in Canada) watch the termination rates to Canadian destinations.
For me, voip.ms .0052 rates to where I call beat everyone else. I use 5 of the providers on this list -- it's the best way to get LCR without being reliant upon a single provider.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's our current "Best of the Best Canada (flat-rate) SIP Termination Providers." Pricing rounded to tenth of a cent. Rates exclude NWT and Yukon except DIDlogic.

Are we missing anybody you use and like??

FREE - Google Voice*
$.003 - DIDlogic (conversational traffic only)
$.005 - Anveo.com**
$.005 - VoIP.ms ($.010 for premium route)
$.005 - CallWithUs
$.010 - LocalPhone
$.010 - Flowroute
$.014 - Vitelity***
$.015 - Les.net
$.020 - CallCentric

* U.S. customers only and ends permanently in May, 2014. ** Requires E911 subscription *** Vitelity is a major financial contributor to the PIAF and Nerd Vittles projects.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I use some others also (Alcazar and VoIP Innovaions to list 2) - but they are not flat rate. But then again ... Local phone is not flat rate either. They have different rates for on-net, off-net, etc.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Switched the main lists to flat-rate providers since LCR calculations get too complex for mere mortals. One approach to LCR providers (such as AnveoDirect) is to set a maximum cost per minute in their config. Calls above the threshold will trigger Congestion and your Outbound Routes then could fail over to a flat-rate provider that may be cheaper for some calls.

I suspect this is what prompted Anveo to abandon US48 flat rate pricing for a few days. They noted that some users were placing LCR calls with AnveoDirect up to a penny. When the LCR rate exceeded a penny, the users would reroute the outbound calls through Anveo.com using its penny a minute flat rate.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Right. LCR is great for lots of traffic, and lots of smaller carriers that offer low flat rate hate LCR people as they will abuse them and only use them for routes that they would actually lose money. Therefore, many flat rate mandate that traffic must be normalized and not just using them for example to only call the high rated terminations. Your list is good and helpful to most of the people on here.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
$.003 for DIDLogic? Where? I see rates from 2.5 to 3 cents plus.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
One of us is off by a decimal... .25¢ = 1/4 of a cent (not a real quarter :rofl:)

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
www.bestvoipreselling.com $0.007

I think they are cheaper than all of the above:
- no call set-up fee,
- no minimum duration per call,
- per second rounding (not sure how many decimals)
- for all destinations, national or international

So a call of 2 seconds will be charged for only 2 seconds.

PS The site belongs to Dellmont Luxembourg, for those who remember them or Betamax

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Rrrr: Grammar aside, it always makes me a little nervous when I can smell the pyramids. :arabia:

BUMzfKZCcAACovi.jpg:large

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
I get nervous when a call termination provider does not state how he will charge the calls.
Or when they use mathematical descriptions to hide the information
(think Anveo:
Billing Interval for SIP Initiated calls: Mexico - 60/60 seconds, all other destinations - 30/6 seconds.)

You call it pyramid, as if it is a wrong thing. Nothing wrong about a reseller structure, when the base rate is low.
Any of us can sign up for it and decide how they use it. Call quality is very reasonable.
They allow you to lock in an IP address for each (sub)account, set a fixed callerid or keep it flexible, defined by Asterisk.
And then some ....

There is no ridiculous minimum prepaid amount, no downsides I know about, except limited customer service.
It is probably not something for a professional reseller, who will want a direct relationship.

I have been using them for over 2 years for friends and family and use the reseller structure to keep track of their prepaid levels.
It is amazing how long $10 call credit can last with these rates.

PS I am not related to this company in any (non)professional way.

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
Voxbeam is less mainstream, but they have great rates. We've used them as primary outbound trunks for two years now.

Outbound rates for on-net rate centers (lower 48):
$0.0049 Standard routing
$0.0081 Premium routing
6 sec incremental billing for both.

Rrrr

Tink
Reaction score
Voxbeam is less mainstream, but they have great rates. We've used them as primary outbound trunks for two years now.

Outbound rates for on-net rate centers (lower 48):
$0.0049 Standard routing
$0.0081 Premium routing
6 sec incremental billing for both.

Indeed, also great international rates and I will try them out. At least they clearly state how they will charge extra if your call profile does not fit their criteria: http://www.voxbeam.com/terms

Phil | DIDLogic.com

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the bump guys, it's been a long time since I posted.
Basically we changed the format to $ from ¢, that is, 0.3 cents is now $0.003 rather.
Many users complained, so we listened. https://didlogic.com/pricing/wholesale-international-voice/call-rates

US premium routing $0.0069/min - except Alaska and Hawaii.
West Coast (sip-LAX) or East Coast (sip-NYC) facilities available.

Dialer solution is also available, provisioned separately at the 151 Front St. Toronto DC.
(*must be DNC-abiding, American Telemarketing Association membership preferred. )
byv3m.jpg

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Dialer solution is also available, provisioned separately at the 151 Front St. Toronto DC.
(*must be DNC-abiding, American Telemarketing Association membership preferred. )

Are you peered with Torix through your ISP? Do you have a POP in 151?

Phil | DIDLogic.com

Reaction score
Are you peered with Torix through your ISP? Do you have a POP in 151?

Atsak, we don't maintain our own cross-connects to Torix like we do in Europe in case of NL-IX for example. I'm pretty sure that there is TORIX in the upstream mix, at least Peer1 and Level3 do definitely peer.

I really don't want to hijack the thread and and go on glorifying our upstreams, merely wanted to add to the list of US options available (original topic). I'd be happy to answer any question specific to our North American offers via PM or email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.