TIPS Latest and greatest telemarketer torture setup?

edisoninfo

Guru
Reaction score
What is the latest and greatest telemarketer torture setup? I've seen quite a few fun things in the forum but most seem to be a bit old and I'm not sure if they work with today's versions.

mbellot

Reaction score
I'm running PIAF Green, Lenny works great and so does the "Kids Revenge".

I'm always amazed to find the occasional 9+ minute call recording from a Lenny victim.

:D

synack

Guru
Reaction score
The funniest part of that one for me, was that she says the call is being recorded for quality assurance. How did she know? Haha

bobkoure

Reaction score
The issue with ItsLenny is that it isn't available from NerdVittles anymore. Ward put it up in good faith, but it's unclear that the person who gave him permission to use the voice recordings (which are beyond brilliant for roping in a telemarketer - just listen to a few recordings) actually owned those recordings, and he may not have meant to give permission to redistribute. It seems a bit tangled.I'm hoping it gets straightened out, but it's up to the guy in Australia who (we think) created the Lenny recordings.
I think Ward has just taken down the recordings and left the 'code' part in place*, so you can follow the instructions in the "Lenny Returns" thread and then you just need to find the voice recordings (depending on how you feel about using recordings that you might not actually have permission to use (WTH knows?) and stick them in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/lenny
The voice recordings plus direct asterisk code (AFAIK not the same as what you'd get from Ward) are still up at DSL reports.

*not sure as I ran the NerdVittles "Lenny Returns" install on a new IncrediblePBX install - and I'm not 100% sure it didn't come with IncrediblePBX

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The code was mine. The recordings were not although we had "permission" to use them... at least for a while. Last time I checked, the snippets still were available on DSL Reports for registered users.

bobkoure

Reaction score
Thanks! I was hoping I hadn't misrepresented anything you had done...

bobkoure

Reaction score
What does that one do? Yes, I get that's a destination you can send unwanted calls to - but then what? Does it try to hold the telemarketer on the line as long as possible? And if so, how?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.