QUESTION Keeping Caller ID after Parking Call

michaelb

Reaction score
Got what I thought should have been a simple thing, but I can't figure it out.

When the receptionist places a call into our Parking Lot (600, with auto extensions 601-610) the Caller ID is lost and replaced with the CID of the parking slot... for example:

she answers a call from 555-555-5555

the places the call on hold by transferring to 600
600 automatically places the call into the first available slot: 601

user picks up call on 601, the CID now reflects 601 instead of the original 555-555-5555

some looking around the forums doesn't seem to address this, but I can't think I'm the first to wonder about this.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
Thanks
Michael
parking.PNG

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
The reason the CID doesn't update is because as far as the phone is concerned, you placed a call to extension 601 and it's showing that on the screen. Just the same as if you dialed 918002651234 for AOL by Phone, the phone would show 918002651234.

Whether or not you can overcome this is a different question. What kind of phones are you using?

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
We're using Grandstream phones

Haven't used anything Grandstream past a BT200 about four years ago, so I'm not too familiar with their offerings. Specific model numbers would be most helpful here.

What I'm getting at here is that some phones allow for Asterisk to send updated CID information after a call has been initiated. This has been implemented on the latest versions of PIAF (not sure since when) for outbound calls. If your phone supports it, the phone's CID will be updated with the name of the person you are calling from CID Superfecta's lookup sources. Works wonderfully on my Snom phones.

I'm not sure if this functionality is integrated into the Parking Lots module though. I know there have been some custom XML apps written for phones like the Yealink T46G that show a list of each parking slot and the caller in it.

michaelb

Reaction score
Apologies for the lack of model, they are gxp 2160s. I'm running 2.11.0.42 with the standard parking system

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Just got back to a system that I could test this with. The CID on my Snom 870 updates properly when retrieving the parked call to that of the extension that was parked. I don't recall having to set anything special in the phone to make it work like that.

Edit: Do you have "trustrpid" = "yes" and "sendrpid" = "Send P-Asserted-Identity Header" set in each extension's config in FreePBX?

michaelb

Reaction score
trustpid was set to yes, but the sendrpid was 'no', changed that, and it seems to be working. thanks for the tip, I'll post after a couple of days of testing how it goes.

michaelb

Reaction score
Update, things seem to be OK now, and I'm looking at outbound lookup now. :)

When we call out, the CID shows up as OPENCNAM.org or PAYMENTRQD, which i understand and and have set up a pay account.. and queries are being serviced with the pay account, at least incoming.

Outbound, so far, still shows up with the placeholders.... I haven't restarted the pbx, just reloaded...

michaelb

Reaction score
And this morning, caller ID outbound is working! So must have needed a bit of time to pull everything through.

thanks Ross for all the help on this, I have one happy client now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.