TIPS IVR recordings made, anyway to invoke it *after* ringing the extension?

Ben Mannino

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Not really grasping how the call flow works, we had recorded a bunch of voice clips to cover things like store hours, directions, etc to be used for the IVR.

Once I started integrating them via the web interface, I realized that the IVR kicks in immediately after the call comes in. The recordings were made with the intention of it starting only if the store employee doesn't pickup after 5 or 6 rings. So essentially, I was hoping that the IVR can be invoked in place of voicemail.

Before having to redo all the recordings, is there a way that this could be setup? Can I use the web interface to make the call ring the extension first and then invoke the IVR?

Thanks,
-Ben

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Details of your system.

Assuming I am reading you right -- you don't want: Incoming Call -> IVR but want: Incoming Call -> Store Extensions ->If no answer then - >IVR

If I assume correctly then here is what to do:
Connectivity -> Incoming Routes - Select your DID to edit it.

Set Destination to a RingGroup (for more than one phone to ring at once) -- or Extension and the extension to ring. Subnit / Apply
(This gets the phone to ring first) I would recommend this route for easily adding extra phones later. You can have a RG of 1 point.

If Setting up a RingGroup (Applications->RinGroups) the Max Ringtime can be set to a max of 300 seconds[5 minutes] but to ring 5 or six times a max ringtime of 25-30 is sufficient

Near the bottom is Destination if No Answer -- Set to IVR->Name of your IVR

Submit / Apply -- Should be good to Go

If you go with extensions then the Ringtime needs to be set and the optional No Answer Destination at the bottom set to the IVR. I wouldn't do it this way unless you never want VM on the extension as whe the max ring time is reached it goes to the set destination, and the other 2 options (Not Reachable and Busy can be set to different places as well (You can disable VM for the extensions in the extensions page as well. I do not know the implications of what happens to a call to an extension when Max Ringtime is reached, and no VM, I'd assume it just terminates the call - bad form if dealing with customers. Stick with the ring group method above and you should be fine.

On your IVR, your time out and invalid settings can force a Voicemail if needed.

Hope this gets you started

rjaiswal

Reaction score
You can set your inbound route to a ring group. In the ring group have the no answer destination go to your ivr.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manne
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.