QUESTION Issues when calling between networked phone systems

GlenPittman

Reaction score
A little about my scenario first. I have multiple locations networked together. There are 11 total locations, with 10 of them being general offices, and 1 being a call center.

The call center is location A. Each of the remotes are connected to the call center via a SIP Trunk across a private network. If a user at Remote Site B tries to call into Site A using 4 digit dialing, the call fails.

Looking at the CLI at unit A when the call is attempted from B shows the following output:

Code:
[2014-11-05 120823] WARNING[1686] chan_sip.c username mismatch, have <141-abc17>, digest has <121-abc28>
[2014-11-05 120823] NOTICE[1686] chan_sip.c Failed to authenticate device "Loan Closing 212" <[email protected];tag=as05656a45>

Looking at the trunk config between the 2 systems, I have the username as 141-abc17.

If I look at 'sip show peers' at remote B, I see 141-abc17/121-abc28 even though programming shows it correctly in both systems.

The same from Server A shows 141-abc17/141-abc17.

121-abc28 is actually the username for another sip trunk to a different location in Server A, but isn't programmed into Remote B at all.

Using 'grep' within the /etc/asterisk/ directory to search for 121-abc28 in Server B doesn't produce any results, and the same in Server A shows only the entries with the trunk to location C, showing a different register string IP address, and different host

My confusion has led me here for advice. In the username mismatch warning example above, does the digest indicate what is being received from the remote, or what is stored as the correct password?

I am trying to narrow it down to which server the problem will likely be found.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.