FYI Is there a future for FreePBX-based PIAF?

Reaction score
Having pretty much exclusively used FreePBX based PIAF systems since the whole trixboxCE debacle, I kind of curious, what's the future? It's interesting in seeing the development of the AsteriskGUI on different platforms, but for most of my users, the FreePBX i86 platform is what I need to support.

From the 'cheap seats,' there appears to be a split between the PIAF developers and the FreePBX crowd (if I'm wrong, please forgive me!).

I'm just wondering, is AsteriskGUI going to be the default from now forward (leaving me to look at the FreePBX distro or Elastix), or is it just another flavor.

Also, I love what what does done for the pi+, but again, will development of a freePBX based system for the pi+ go on?

That all said, it's a great community and project, and Ward's been great to shepherd it along.

Scott

john p

Reaction score
Any advice on migrating from Ast 11.9 / FreePBX 2.11 on a Pi to the Gotcha-Free with Asterisk GUI? Simple hjome system using 2 VIOP trunks, 6 IP phones, with IVR routing &^ voicemail. Seem like, from what I've read so far, the answer is a clean install & rebuild everything. Advice welcome.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Any advice on migrating from Ast 11.9 / FreePBX 2.11 on a Pi to the Gotcha-Free with Asterisk GUI? Simple hjome system using 2 VIOP trunks, 6 IP phones, with IVR routing &^ voicemail. Seem like, from what I've read so far, the answer is a clean install & rebuild everything. Advice welcome.

I'm afraid clean install and rebuild is the answer for the time being. The two GUI platforms are like Apples and Oranges, but you'll love Orange. And moving your trunk setups is a 5-minute operation with the default trunks that are provided. I'd hold off completely until you can obtain a RasPi 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.