FOOD FOR THOUGHT Is my PBX "phoning home"

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Have you configured the email option in Module Admin of the GUI?? That may be the default which goes in the bit bucket.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@rodjames: I've now read the thread on DSL Reports about this. I did some more digging and still haven't found a build that has that email address in it although that sounds like an email address I might have made up once upon a time. I can't recall where and when this was actually used and would love to track it down. If you happen to have a build that actually has this email address in it, I'd appreciate a heads up as well as a snapshot of status from the machine. The tipoff that this was a very old system was the @fluffybunny comment about the DMCA. That is some language that Tom incorporated into PBX in a Flash many years ago after someone had threatened to steal some of Tom's encrypted installer code. It's never been in Incredible PBX which is 100% open source code. But there are older versions of Incredible PBX which can be installed over the top of PIAF just as we do with Elastix and the FreePBX Distro.

Long story short, I don't think this exists in any certified version of Incredible PBX, but I could be mistaken and would love to get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.