FYI Is Incredible Backup 2 still in beta

markd89

Reaction score
Ward,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss or if there's a dedicated thread somewhere but...

I took a look at the Incredible Backup 11 that you linked to above and it doesn't have any of the (cool) FTP functionality that the original Incredible Backup 2 had. I'm wondering what the intention here was and if there's a changelog somewhere?

I've been happily making my Incredible Backup2's and having them FTPd to me up to this point. However, I accidentally deleted nrtest.sh and figured I'd get it back from the backup zip file only to realize it's not included. (I since recreated it, so that is OK)

It looked like the original thinking with Incredible Backup was to make a somewhat idiot-proof, yet flexible, system which zipped all the configuration and SQL stuff and then gave some options on what to do with the ZIP file. That seemed like a good intention and has been working OK..

Mark

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Well I will speak to IB2

IB2 was based on the incredible backup (original) and merged it with our daily backup program.

We created it and yes it is somehwhat idiot proofed. The version 10 and 11 are the open source versions of it and I have not had a chance to update IB2 to IB11 and incorporate the improvements with the existing core functionality of IB2. It is on the list just not sure when we can get to it. There are also several other improvments on the horizon for it such as mirroring and hot fall over however *that* is in the far future due to time constraints and the nature of having to pay mortgages/schools etc. Course the whole dev team has been beating the switch in a flash rock to death as of late also..... One of the real challenges is to make IB2 the defacto way to back up ALL of the PIAF group of projects and not just asterisk/freepbx..... For that we already have some ways of doing sugar etc but others are a work in progress.

Thanks for your thoughts

Tom

ariban

Reaction score
Hi,
I am running the following green version of PIAF

PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *HARDWARE* │
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.37 │
│ 2.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 11.5.0 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 11.5.0 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.7.0 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

what is the best backup solution for this version?
I need to simply backup my google voice accounts and all my other trunk accounts.
I want to backup block caller id, the voice recordings, the ivr, the incoming route and outgoing routes. all extensions and follow me settings. how can i do all this is there a one click solution?
thank you
Ben

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.