NO JOY IPTables dropping connection (Travelin Man 2 related)

progs_00

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm back once again because of an issue I have with IPTables.
Now, I've setup Travelin' Man 3 and everything works fine so I begun setting up Travelin' Man 2.
I followed the installation tutorial (great work by the way) and have created a new extension for my Android phone using Zoiper. When I'm on my local network the remote extension registers just fine and I can make and answer calls.
When I'm on an outside connection, I can't register. Initially I thought it was fail2ban but instead it's IPTables that's dropping the connection. Can anyone guide me towards a solution?
(I'm using PBXIAF latest)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Have you set up a Travelin' Man 3 FQDN entry for your Android phone and enabled a DynDNS-like client on the phone to keep the address current?? That's usually the problem.

progs_00

Reaction score
Hello Ward. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I was using the same FQDN for my server and for my mobile. After your suggestion, I've created a new FQDN for my mobile and I'll test it this afternoon.

For the DynDNS client, I was under the impression that the first part of the travelin' man 2 tutorial (the part that lets you create the Travelin Man icon on your smartphone) covers just that, so there'd be no need for any additional DynDNS client. Am I wrong?

Once more let me thank you for all the great job you and the guys working for this community are doing. You have all my gratitude
P.S. I want to pay the 20 dollar fee for the updates. Having no static IP how will I go about doing it?

Edit: I've tried it today and still no joy. I'm gonna try tomorrow by disabling iptables completely just to see if things change.

progs_00

Reaction score
Guys, just a small question. For Travelin' Man 2 do I have to add-fqdn the fqdn I have created?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's the problem. With Travelin' Man 2, the end-user (in this case, it's you) controls access by accessing the web server and plugging in a new IP address. But, once you activate Travelin' Man 3 as well, then the server is completely locked down unless you add IP addresses or FQDNs to the WhiteList. If you're using BOTH 2 and 3, then you have to enable access BOTH ways, i.e. through the browser interface AND with an FQDN entry that gets updated. In your case, you probably don't want TM2. You can handle everything with a dynamic IP address updating app.

To disable Travelin' Man 2, comment out all the lines in /etc/asterisk/sip_custom_post.conf and change the Permit entries for each extension to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 using FreePBX. Then restart Asterisk.

progs_00

Reaction score
Thanks again Ward,
I've just tried your suggestion by completely uninstalling Travelin' Man 2 and installing a DynDNS client. I've issued an add-fqdn command and it shows on my iptables setup but still nothing works. As soon as I move away from my Wifi there's no way to connect to my server and IPTables keep dropping the packets.
I must be doing something wrong but I'm really out of ideas. Any more suggestions would really be welcomed

Thank you and thanks to anyone who takes the time to see and reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.