FYI iPhone 6 News & Blues

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Interesting discussion with Apple today...

BxL8PhTCAAEze1D.jpg:large

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Not surprised. When the Galaxy S5 came out, I had a bitch of a time buying one outside of carrier or being unlocked without contract. Ended up getting from T-Mobile and then they allowed it to be unlocked.

mbellot

Reaction score
Just one more reason I ended up with the Nexus 5.

Significantly lower cost without a contract, no carrier nonsense (or bloat) and no Apple brand BS.

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
If you purchase the iPhone without a contract, directly from Apple, you can use them on any carrier - if you purchase them from a carrier, they are initially locked to the carrier (except Verizon).

Apple fulfills carrier partner demand first before releasing unlocked models. It usually takes 2-3 months before unlocked models are available.

It has been that way for the past 2 years.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Apple employees swear the T-Mobile devices from them really, really will be locked this time around... although little white lies are nothing new.

Bxj55i0IAAA2nkw.jpg:large

fizadmin

Guru
Reaction score
Those are @Home support staff. You have to go higher for accurate answers. Anything outside of the regular is a challenge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.