1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.

iNum: Free Worldwide Calls

Discussion in 'Add-On Install Instructions' started by wardmundy, Feb 27, 2012.

1. wardmundy Nerd Uno

2. lgaetz Pundit

I just tried my newly minted iNum from voip.ms, seems to work fine both by direct dialing via voip.ms and via the iNum gateway when I call thru my POTS lines. When I place a call via voip.ms to my voip.ms iNum, the CID and CNAM is stripped from the incoming call, you only see the enormous iNum phone number. When I used the POTS gateway, my normal CID and CNAM shows up on the incoming call. Other than that, it works great. Price is right too.

One minor thing I noticed. The CID for an incoming iNum call from voip.ms shows a number of the format <8835100xxxxxxxx> but voip.ms will only connect outgoing calls in the format <0118835100xxxxxxxx> so I added two dialing rules to my iNum outbound route:
    Code:
    0118835100XXXXXXXX
    011+8835100XXXXXXXX
    Is anyone aware of an iNum registry like there is for enum that will lookup PSTN numbers to match iNum numbers? My business card is too small now for all the phone numbers I have.