1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you had a PIAF Forum account in the vBulletin days, log in with your old credentials. Otherwise, sign up again and we'll get you back in business as soon as we can.
  3. A serious FreePBX vulnerability has been reported. Update your Framework Module immediately. Click here for details.

Intermittant Park Reminder

Discussion in 'Help' started by sigmaz, Feb 27, 2012.

1. sigmaz Member

Does anyone have a solution already in place that will allow me to have a reminder paged to a group of phones that a call in a parking spot has been waiting after X mins. ?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to eliminate orphaned parked calls..

Basically if our dispatch group hears the park still holding announcement, anyone can grab the call and redirect it without relying on the original park-er(?) to get the ring back and then repark the call.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Jon
  2. gregc Guru

On Freepbx 2.10, there is the ability to assign an alternate destination which can be anything (Queue, ring group, extension, etc). You can set the Caller ID prepend and/or Alert-info to indicate that it is a parked call.

-Greg
  3. sigmaz Member

Right.. and thats great..
    But what i'd love to do is have a reminder page executed after X mins without pulling the call from the parking spot and without having to switch to 2.10..
    Anyone else have any ideas?
  4. gregc Guru

Not very eloquent, but you could have the parking lot failover destination (I think that is an option) be a ring group. Have the ring group timeout after 3 seconds (enough time to get the 'ring'), and then have it's destination if no answer be the parking lot again.

Kind of a poor workaround, but may work with a low parking lot usage and the right circumstances.

-Greg
  5. sigmaz Member

Hmm, Yeah I guess thats one way of doing it..

I guess the functionality of the parking lot isnt something that can be modified easily.. I'll poke around some more and see... But mu hunch is that it's a core module and it's behavior is coded someplace and I havent found it yet.

Thansk for your suggestions though.