Intermittant Park Reminder

sigmaz

Reaction score
Does anyone have a solution already in place that will allow me to have a reminder paged to a group of phones that a call in a parking spot has been waiting after X mins. ?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to eliminate orphaned parked calls..

Basically if our dispatch group hears the park still holding announcement, anyone can grab the call and redirect it without relying on the original park-er(?) to get the ring back and then repark the call.

Thanks for the input guys.
Jon

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
On Freepbx 2.10, there is the ability to assign an alternate destination which can be anything (Queue, ring group, extension, etc). You can set the Caller ID prepend and/or Alert-info to indicate that it is a parked call.

-Greg

sigmaz

Reaction score
Right.. and thats great..
But what i'd love to do is have a reminder page executed after X mins without pulling the call from the parking spot and without having to switch to 2.10..
Anyone else have any ideas?

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
Not very eloquent, but you could have the parking lot failover destination (I think that is an option) be a ring group. Have the ring group timeout after 3 seconds (enough time to get the 'ring'), and then have it's destination if no answer be the parking lot again.

Kind of a poor workaround, but may work with a low parking lot usage and the right circumstances.

-Greg

sigmaz

Reaction score
Hmm, Yeah I guess thats one way of doing it..

I guess the functionality of the parking lot isnt something that can be modified easily.. I'll poke around some more and see... But mu hunch is that it's a core module and it's behavior is coded someplace and I havent found it yet.

Thansk for your suggestions though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.