SOLVED Install Issue

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
Trying to install PIAF on an older Dell. 3 Gigs of Ram, 2 GHZ Intel. I completed the ISO install. I selected PIAF as the product to install. All options are "Unavailable" except the selection for Additional Drivers. I pinged google.com successfully so I have internet connectivity. Is there a problem with my machine?

Thanks,

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
Thanks. I incorrectly assumed I could just use the old one. Just reading Ward's getting started guide....since I have a box that's been up over a year I thought I knew more than I do.

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed the new CentOS minimal ISO from the links on this site. The OS installed fine. However, while following Ward's Quick Start Guide I hit a snag while executing this line:
on..
sed -i 's|quiet|quiet net.ifnames=0 biosdevdame=0|'/etc/default/grub

My computer says there is no such file or directory. I looked and there is a /etc/default
directory with two files in it but not grub.

I continued with the remaining steps, and when I get to ./piaf3-install the initial install starts, at the part where it says "This takes a long
time" my computer only takes about 45 seconds, says the install is complete then reboots.
When it reboots and I log in, I do not get the Menu to Select a program for installation.
Any ideas?

I've tried to run the PIAF tar and install a couple of times with the same results.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The grub error is harmless. The other problem suggests you don't have an Internet connection. Type ifconfig before you begin and verify that you have Internet connectivity.

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
Ward,

Thanks for the reply. I just checked and I do have internet connection. I pinged google.com with no errors. I was able to retrieve the piaf tar.

cd /root wget http://pbxinaflash.com/piaf3-install.tar.gz tar zxvf piaf3-install.tar.gz ./piaf3-install

All seemed to work fine. The install only took about 2 minutes. After the reboot,
I don't get the PIAF menu after I log in.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Look in the install log in /var/log and see what went wrong.

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
Ok, I successfully installed Incredible PBX 12.0.70 on Ubuntu 14.04. I can log into the Incredible PBX server. However I cannot log into PHPmyadmin, nor can I log into the User Control Panel.

I followed the Password tips for Newbies. The passwd-master command does not exist. I tried it from Putty. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Ok, I successfully installed Incredible PBX 12.0.70 on Ubuntu 14.04. I can log into the Incredible PBX server. However I cannot log into PHPmyadmin, nor can I log into the User Control Panel.

I followed the Password tips for Newbies. The passwd-master command does not exist. I tried it from Putty. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Like Ward said, it is probably your network card. My first PIAF install was on a old Dell 280. Some programs could talk over the net, others couldn't. I replaced the on board NIC with an Intel card, and I was golden.

Tom Jackson

Reaction score
Ok, I already changed the Machine out to a Dell OptiPlex 780. Has Intel card built in. No luck with phpmyadmin log in. I can log into Incredible PBX just fine. It's got to be something simple. Is there a way to update the user/password for phpmyadmin?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
  1. Create an admin password for GUI access: /root/admin-pw-change
  2. Create an admin password for Apache web access: htpasswd /etc/pbx/wwwpasswd admin
  3. Configure the correct timezone for your server: /root/timezone-setup
  4. Retrieve your PortKnocker setup like this: cat /root/knock.FAQ
  5. Add IPtables WhiteList entries for remote access: /root/add-ip or /root/add-fqdn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.