NEW IncrediblePBX13.2.iso

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We're pleased to announce the release of IncrediblePBX 13.2 ISO supporting both DVD and USB Flash installs. The download is available NOW on SourceForge.

Complete tutorial is now available on Nerd Vittles: http://nerd.bz/IncrediblePBX13-2
sushiusb.gif

USB Flash installs work with either of the following image burning steps.

IMPORTANT TIPS: We recommend setting your hard drive as the primary boot device in the BIOS of the machine on which you will be installing Incredible PBX. Make the USB drive a secondary boot device. When you insert the USB thumb drive and boot, during POST, press whatever function key gives you the Boot Device Menu. From that menu, choose the USB thumb drive as the device from which to begin the install. By making the USB drive a secondary boot device, you won't have to babysit the server and quickly remove the USB thumb drive when the SL 6.7 install completes and the server reboots. It will automatically start back up to complete the install using the image on your hard drive. After the reboot, if you end up at a Linux command prompt rather than seeing the Incredible PBX installation screen, it means your server could not obtain a DHCP IP address for eth0 which meant it could not connect to the Internet to download the remaining Incredible PBX installer to finish the installation. You'll have to start over after troubleshooting your network problem.

CAUTION: Latest unetbootin does not work... their bugs, not ours.

Create USB installer on a Mac...

1. Insert 1GB or larger USB stick and type: diskutil list to correctly identify your USB device, e.g.
/dev/disk9 (Don't guess!!!)

2. Issue the following commands using your correct USB device:
Code:
diskutil list
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk9
sudo dd if=IncrediblePBX13.2.iso bs=2048 of=/dev/disk9
sudo sync
diskutil eject /dev/disk9

3. Remove USB stick and insert into the PC to be ERASED and repurposed as Incredible PBX 13 server.

4. Boot the PC and choose the USB drive as the boot device.

5. After Scientific Linux install finishes, the machine will reboot. Be sure it boots from the hard disk, NOT the USB device!

6. Follow existing Incredible PBX 13 tutorial to complete the install.

Create USB installer on Windows platform...

1. Insert 1GB or larger USB stick and correctly identify your thumb drive using File Manager (Don't guess!!!)

2. Download and install latest version of Rufus

3. Run Rufus and match the settings shown below. Complete the steps in the order shown. Choose your Device carefully!!!

CUQk_7lWsAAsiBX.jpg

4. Click YES to overwrite your USB stick and install Incredible PBX 13.2 ISO.

5. When the install completes, count to 20 and then remove the USB flash drive.

6. Insert USB thumb drive into the PC to be ERASED and repurposed as Incredible PBX 13 server.

7. Boot the PC and choose the USB drive as the boot device.

8. After Scientific Linux install finishes, the machine will reboot. Be sure it boots from the hard disk, NOT the USB device!

9. Follow existing Incredible PBX 13 tutorial to complete the install.

Create USB installer on existing CentOS/SL/Ubuntu/Debian machine...

1. Insert 1GB or larger USB stick and type: fdisk -l to correctly identify your USB device, e.g.
/dev/sdb (Don't guess and don't include sdb partition number!!!)

2. Issue the following commands using your correct USB device:
Code:
fdisk -l
dd if=IncrediblePBX13.2.iso bs=4M of=/dev/sdb
sync
udisks --detach /dev/sdb

3. Remove USB stick and insert into the PC to be ERASED and repurposed as Incredible PBX 13 server.

4. Boot the PC and choose the USB drive as the boot device.

5. After Scientific Linux install finishes, the machine will reboot. Be sure it boots from the hard disk, NOT the USB device!

6. Follow existing Incredible PBX 13 tutorial to complete the install.

Create DVD-ROM installer...

1. Follow existing Incredible PBX 13 ISO tutorial to complete the install.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have now confirmed that unetbootin does not produce a working USB thumb drive so save yourself some time and use one of the options above.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If there is sufficient interest, we're considering the release of the entire build environment for the Incredible PBX 13 ISO. All you really need to get started is a CentOS 6.7 minimal install. In keeping with the GPL spirit, this would let you customize the ISO as you see fit and pass along any improvements for everyone else's benefit. What do you think?

Reaction score
If there is sufficient interest, we're considering the release of the entire build environment for the Incredible PBX 13 ISO. All you really need to get started is a CentOS 6.7 minimal install. In keeping with the GPL spirit, this would let you customize the ISO as you see fit and pass along any improvements for everyone else's benefit. What do you think?
WOW! Cool..... Very open of you..

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
New release has been pushed to SourceForge. This one checks for a network connection before the Phase 2 Incredible PBX 13-12.2 installer starts. If there's a network problem, you can fix your network and reboot without having to start all over with a fresh SL 6.7 Phase I install. Phase I (before reboot) does NOT need a network connection.

CoinTos

Reaction score
Ward, is there a 64-bit centos/sl 6.7 minimum iso anywhere? All I have found is the 32-bit in your sourceforge and net installs on the distro web sites. Back on topic now if you did release your build environment and a 64-bit minimum did exist would it be able to build an iso in 64-bit?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Probably not doing a 64-bit ISO for the simple reason that the performance isn't all that different and the 32-bit flavor supports more hardware. Yes, you can take the build environment and build it out any way you like. You'd have to replace the 32-bit SL 6.7 packages with the 64-bit versions, but everything else should be fine as is. The Incredible PBX 13-12 installer component works with both architectures.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Finally got the new ISO out the door, and all of our paid staff is taking a well-deserved break...

CUcRTD4W4AApmsU.jpg

Looks like you may have recently tore through one of those boxes looking for that one special cable "Where is it dammit?" - or I could be wrong :)

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
I have an Intel NUC DN2820FYKH and successfully created the USB installer on windows platform per instructions here. However, I am having a network connection problem before the Phase 2 Incredible PBX 13-12.2 installer starts and I'm stuck on the following message: "Network is down. Please fix.Then press RETURN to reboot and retry."
I have a monitor connected. So my question is: How do I skip the aforementioned message to be able to log in as root?

Previously I installed Scientific Linux 6.7 minimal ISO and had the same problem, the network wasn't automatically starting. I checked the "ifcfg-eth0" file in the "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts" folder and "ONBOOT=yes" was already set. I was able to fix the problem with "ifup eth0" to bring the network connection up then "yum install NetworkManager". After this eth0 was coming up at boot with no problems. I want to try this with the new install of IncrediblePBX13.2.ISO. But I'm stuck at: "Network is down. Please fix.Then press RETURN to reboot and retry."
Thank you

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You're probably SOL until we can push up a new build with a fix to add ifup eth0 to /etc/rc.local. Then a reboot should fix it. Give us a few hours to push up a new ISO.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
OK, @omunni, download http://incrediblepbx.com/IncrediblePBX13.2.1.iso, and give it a try. You will still get the "Network down" message after the reboot when SL 6.7 install finishes. But, when you press ENTER to reboot (again), it will add ifup eth0 to /etc/rc.local which should fix the problem after the second reboot finishes. Just let me know please, and we'll push this up to SourceForge if it fixes the problem. We will also add NetworkManager to the base ISO while this is uploading which may fix it once and for all.

Update: The fix with NetworkManager included in the base install is now available as well. Download http://incrediblepbx.com/IncrediblePBX13.2.2.iso, and give it a try,too. I don't have an available machine on which to test these at the moment.

Last edited:

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
This was a remarkably fast response. :driving: I will definitely give it a try and let you know.
Thank you....Sir.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
FYI: Looks like 13.2.2 worked fine on my NUC so I've pushed it up to SourceForge and renamed it back to IncrediblePBX13.2.iso.

omunni

Guru
Reaction score
Here is my report for USB install on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH:
IncrediblePBX13.2.beta2.iso / Phase 2 = Fails :banghead:

IncrediblePBX13.2.1.iso / Phase 2 = Fails :banghead:
IncrediblePBX13.2.2.iso / Phase 2 = Succeeds :clap:

I can't help but wonder if this is an isolated case for the NUC platform. Anyhow, back to more testing....so far everything is looking good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.