TIPS IncrediblePBX couple issues after fresh install

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Under latest Oracle Virtualbox -- I have one PBIAF install that intermittently looses the inbound dial plan (it seems) and rather than going to IVR it gives an incorrect extension message and goes to vmail - then magically 20 min later starts working again for a few days all by itself before repeating the issue. Another install crashed for no reason 2 days after a fresh install, upon reboot has run perfectly ecer since. Both are making me nervous & want to move away from Virtualbox as well really.

Soooooo, esp. given the Sangoma inaction so far over the Schmooze repeat of the Fonality failure to the community - I am trialing Ward's IncrediblePBX instead to get FreePBX 12 support free of the less than ethical attempt to draw cash from everyone as Ward is being a damn hero on all of our behalf to pursue if I can add!

Anyhow, couple items after a fresh CentOS 7.1 x64 minimal & latest IncrediblePBX w/FreePBX 12 install (under VMWare Player 7.1):

1) The System Status screen has a little flame icon next to Asterisk (other two have green checkmarks) and says it can't get any Asterisk status info?​
2) Went to Asterisk SIP Settings to set the public IP and local LAN IP and I get the error when applying:​
"Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

click here for more info
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details."

The "more info" says:
exit: 1
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
[FATAL] retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE

Haven't gone any further as these two are already making me a little nervous. Help anyone?

Thanks as ever Ward, Tom, et. al.!!​

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks, ksDevGuy. Ditch CentOS 7 and try 6.5/6.6. Still numerous quirks to sort out with 7.

ksDevGuy

Guru
Reaction score
Yep, went to 6.6 and the issues disappeared. Will be fun when 7.1+ is supported though! Thanks Ward.

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
Hi all. I got the Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1 on a fresh install right after connecting a Google Voice line.

IPBX 13-12 fresh install. Have done nothing except change 701 pw (what happened to randomized pw's btw?) and attempt to do a GV line for the first time.

A couple observations, although I still don't have this sorted out.

I made the mistake of cutting and pasting the phone number from my google voice account screen. Although IPBX accepted the number, it truncated it as there were extra characters (xxx) xxx-xxxx, and I didn't notice.

When Accepting Changes after doing this, everything seemed to hang.

First, Google kicked back an email that someone has my password. That makes sense, because the server I have this going onto is on one coast and I am on the other. I told Google that it was me. The GV line still has a status of DISCONNECTED.

Once I had notified google that it was me, and the error seemed to time out, everything seems to be working a little better, but I am still showing a status of DISCONNECTED.

It seems as if Google is blocking sign ins from my box. Although I have told it it's me, they are still blocking.

I tried deleting and reconfiguring the GV trunk, but it's still not happy. I don't know what that is about, so if anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated.

On another possibly unrelated issue, I notice that amportal restarts seem to be unsuccessful as well. The system thinks there is traffic when I had no trunks and no extensions connected.

So I am thinking that the error is tied to the blocked connection from google FWIW. Just my thoughts, check with someone who actually knows what's up.

Anyway, I'll likely go back to the drawing board and do a fresh install with 11-12 and see how that fares.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.