FYI Incredible PBX with Raspberry Pi 2

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
I installed PIAF for my Raspberry Pi 2 and have a question.

I setup a FREE NY DID with Callcentric. I setup a trunk on the PBX which is registered with Callcentric.
What I want to do is when a call is made to this DID, I want it to end up on Ext 7001 (The demo IVR).
I can't seem to figure out how to do this. It seems to go to Ext 6001 which I have not worked on yet.

How can I get this working?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Does your [DID_CallCentric-default] context in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf look like this (NOTE where the single semicolon is missing in Line #11) ?
Code:
[DID_CallCentric_default]
exten = _.,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(number)})
exten = _.,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERID(number):0:10})
exten = _.,n,Gosub(cidlookup,cidlookup_1,1())
exten = _.,n,ExecIf($[ "${CALLERID(name)}" = "" ] ?Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)}))
exten = _.,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1())
exten = _.,n,Gosub(incoming-sub,incoming-sub_1,1())
;exten = _.,n,Gosub(macro-dumpvars,s,1())  ; in case you ever want to look at all of the Asterisk variables on the CLI
;exten = _.,n,Goto(default,6001,1)        ; routes incoming call to extension 6001
;exten = _.,n,Goto(ringroups-custom-1,s,1) ; routes incoming call to Ring Group #1
exten = _.,n,Goto(voicemenu-custom-2,s,1) ; routes incoming call to Nerd Vittles Demo IVR
;exten = _.,n,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1,s,1)  ; routes incoming call to Stealth AutoAttendant and then to Ring Group #1

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Go Into FreePBX
Set up an Inbound Route
Set the DID Number to your phone number (with a 1) so that it reads 1xxxYYYZZZZ
click the CID Priority checkbox
Set the destination to your extension

Save and update

Andrew

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
Does your [DID_CallCentric-default] context in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf look like this (NOTE where the single semicolon is missing in Line #11) ?
Code:
[DID_CallCentric_default]
exten = _.,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(number)})
exten = _.,n,Set(CALLERID(number)=${CALLERID(number):0:10})
exten = _.,n,Gosub(cidlookup,cidlookup_1,1())
exten = _.,n,ExecIf($[ "${CALLERID(name)}" = "" ] ?Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)}))
exten = _.,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1())
exten = _.,n,Gosub(incoming-sub,incoming-sub_1,1())
;exten = _.,n,Gosub(macro-dumpvars,s,1())  ; in case you ever want to look at all of the Asterisk variables on the CLI
;exten = _.,n,Goto(default,6001,1)        ; routes incoming call to extension 6001
;exten = _.,n,Goto(ringroups-custom-1,s,1) ; routes incoming call to Ring Group #1
exten = _.,n,Goto(voicemenu-custom-2,s,1) ; routes incoming call to Nerd Vittles Demo IVR
;exten = _.,n,Goto(voicemenu-custom-1,s,1)  ; routes incoming call to Stealth AutoAttendant and then to Ring Group #1

I have no idea...

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
Go Into FreePBX
Set up an Inbound Route
Set the DID Number to your phone number (with a 1) so that it reads 1xxxYYYZZZZ
click the CID Priority checkbox
Set the destination to your extension

Save and update

Andrew

I can't find the CID Priority checkbox.

I give up. Anybody want to buy my Raspberry Pi 2 with p/s, case, 32GB MicriSDHC card for what I paid for it?

billsimon

Reaction score
I think I see the confusion here. Grant says he installed PIAF (FreePBX) and there's advice given here for both FreePBX and Ast-GUI. So let's understand first, which is it?

I think for someone totally new to this that FreePBX is actually more clear to follow. But I say this as one who's spent a lot more time in FreePBX than Ast-GUI.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Grant_N7AS said "I have no idea" when asked whether his configuration looked like the one shown. Having pointed him to the file in which the context resides, that tells me a Raspberry Pi may not be a good fit for him. Some basic understanding of how to display or edit a text file is probably an essential prerequisite for anyone wanting to manage their own PBX, especially on a Raspberry Pi.

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
I think I see the confusion here. Grant says he installed PIAF (FreePBX) and there's advice given here for both FreePBX and Ast-GUI. So let's understand first, which is it?

I think for someone totally new to this that FreePBX is actually more clear to follow. But I say this as one who's spent a lot more time in FreePBX than Ast-GUI.

I installed PIAF in my Raspberry Pi 2 folling the directions in The Gotcha-Free PBX: Raspberry Pi 2, Meet Incredible PBX for Asterisk-GUI. I am not sure if this is the Free PBX or the Asterisk GUI. I have Googlrd various places and it seems that I see differences in most of the screenshots for adding a trunk, Google Voice Motif, and others comparing what I have. I am going to attempt to put a screenshot here of my System Status page so someone may be able to tell which I have and o from there.

GUI-1-1024.jpg

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
Grant_N7AS said "I have no idea" when asked whether his configuration looked like the one shown. Having pointed him to the file in which the context resides, that tells me a Raspberry Pi may not be a good fit for him. Some basic understanding of how to display or edit a text file is probably an essential prerequisite for anyone wanting to manage their own PBX, especially on a Raspberry Pi.

The Raspberry Pi 2 has to stay. I have money invested in it and am not going to put out more money for something else.

billsimon

Reaction score
Yes, that's Asterisk GUI, and the reason you see different screenshots when searching the web is that Ast-GUI was a former project of Digium, pretty much abandoned, until wardmundy got inspired and brought the project back to life as Incredible PBX for Asterisk GUI. Which is not FreePBX and not (I don't think) in the "PIAF" family. I could be wrong about that last part. Definitions are changing all the time. ;-) Most of the instructions and screens you'll see are for FreePBX.

The concepts are similar (both are Asterisk underneath) but the implementation is a bit different. Asterisk GUI requires more hand editing of configs.

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
Yes, that's Asterisk GUI, and the reason you see different screenshots when searching the web is that Ast-GUI was a former project of Digium, pretty much abandoned, until wardmundy got inspired and brought the project back to life as Incredible PBX for Asterisk GUI. Which is not FreePBX and not (I don't think) in the "PIAF" family. I could be wrong about that last part. Definitions are changing all the time. ;-) Most of the instructions and screens you'll see are for FreePBX.

The concepts are similar (both are Asterisk underneath) but the implementation is a bit different. Asterisk GUI requires more hand editing of configs.

Is there a way I can get the FreePBX GUI on my Raspberry Pi 2? It's got a 32GB MicroSDHC in it.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Unless you upgrade an existing Raspberry Pi, there is no FreePBX GUI option at this time.

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
Unless you upgrade an existing Raspberry Pi, there is no FreePBX GUI option at this time.

I have the Raspberry Pi 2B. That's the latest Pi available.
Or do you mean I have to downgrade to a Pi 2B or some other version. That's more money to shell out.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Let me try again. There is no FreePBX GUI option at this time for a Raspberry Pi 2. There is a FreePBX GUI edition for the original Raspberry Pi, but it won't boot on a Raspberry Pi 2. So you would have to start with a Raspberry Pi and upgrade it to the latest release of Raspbian. Then you could use that microSD card to boot up a Raspberry Pi 2. We don't recommend this approach, but it does work.

When time permits, we will release an updated version with the FreePBX GUI for the Raspberry Pi 2 platform. We don't have a release date in mind at the moment. Functionally, the existing build for the Raspberry Pi 2 platform does 95% of what most PBX users need and use with this device.

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
So which one to buy, Pi B+, B, or what? Or maybe I will wait. I just want an easier GUI.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
So which one to buy, Pi B+, B, or what? Or maybe I will wait. I just want an easier GUI.

If you are dead set on FreePBX and want a low cost low profile platform to run it on, look at eBay for a thin client with an Atom processor that will run Intel instruction sets on Ubuntu. Examples include Clientron U800, Dell FX170 and HP T5740. They can be aquired for less than $50 used and either one will run off of a USB flash drive. Only caveat, they don't run 64bit so the upgrade path is limited.

Grant_N7AS

Reaction score
If you are dead set on FreePBX and want a low cost low profile platform to run it on, look at eBay for a thin client with an Atom processor that will run Intel instruction sets on Ubuntu. Examples include Clientron U800, Dell FX170 and HP T5740. They can be aquired for less than $50 used and either one will run off of a USB flash drive. Only caveat, they don't run 64bit so the upgrade path is limited.

I have already spent $113.62 for the Raspberry Pi 2B and the other stuff that goes along with it. Why in the world would I want to spend another $50 or more for something used that takes up more space and electricity to run.

billsimon

Reaction score
Are you able to log in to the RPi2 using SSH or console and navigate Linux? Can you use a text editor to change a file? That's really the only fundamental thing to learn on your own before we can make some great progress here. Ast-GUI is a fine platform and well suited to the small device you have. Just a slightly steeper learning curve than some other options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.