I HAVE A DREAM Incredible PBX 12 for Ubuntu 14.04

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
ATTN Pioneers: Start your engines!

Coming soon to Now playing on a desktop near you...

B1WNCfQCcAAxCkY.jpg:large

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Still a little rough around the edges, but give it a try...
Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/incrediblepbx12.tar.gz
tar zxvf incrediblepbx12.tar.gz
rm incrediblepbx12.tar.gz
./IncrediblePBX12.sh

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
So... how cool would this be?? The Best of Both Worlds in an integrated UI.

B1X0cY6CUAAlEnw.jpg:large

jeff.h

Guru
Reaction score
Do we still need to create the swap file on DO?

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Installed it on a Foxconn Atom box. Hooked up a Yate softphone and Google voice. Works as expected.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Bob Helbush. Incredible Fax works great as well. Installer is in the /root folder: incrediblefax11_ubuntu14.sh.

Plug in your email address for delivery of your incoming faxes in PDF format. Then accept all of the defaults during the installation process. Once you complete the install, reboot your server. Then log in as root again and set your AvantFax admin password: /root/avantfax-pw-change. Now you can access both FreePBX 12 and AvantFax by pointing your browser to the IP address of your server. Please note that we’ve had problems logging into AvantFax with some versions of the Chrome browser. Works great with Firefox!

Next, log into FreePBX and set an inbound route for incoming faxes to Custom Destination: Fax (hylafax). Then try sending a fax to the phone number and see if it doesn't arrive in your email.

You also can try enabling fax detection with any Google Voice number. Just edit the inbound route for the DID and make it look like this:

B1dSlK-CQAEL6NN.jpg:large

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
I have a voicemail problem. It shows unavailable for ext 701. Did some Googling. Looks like a problem on Asterisk compile. Should I start fresh or try to recompile?

Code:
[2014-11-02 17:15:31] WARNING[23191][C-00000007] pbx.c: No application 'VoiceMail' for extension (macro-vm, s-NOANSWER, 2)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Bob Helbush: Good catch. Fixed. If you want to repair your existing setup, run commands below and tick voicemail under Applications. Better yet, start over.
Code:
amportal stop
cd /usr/src/asterisk*
make menuconfig
make
make install
cd /usr/src/Asterisk-Flite
make clean
make
make install
amportal start

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Good deal Ward et al....NOw the $64k question; what is the recommended distro CentOS or Ubuntu especially going forward? I know you're trying to be platform agnostic which is commendable. Knowing what you know which platform would you use?

THanks leon

jie394

Guru
Reaction score
So... how cool would this be?? The Best of Both Worlds in an integrated UI.

Well, as this was released just as I looked at Asterisk again after a few year absence, and Asterisk 12 has a few features I'm trying to get running for family, I took this for a spin.

Here's what I've noticed so far:

a) the installer script for both Incredible*11 and *12 hangs when IPv6 is available, either IPv6 only or dual-stack. While V6 only networks are rare (outside labs and my house), dual-stack is increasingly common and many OS's, including Ubuntu, prefer IPv6 if both are available.

When the script activates ip6tables, the [lack of] policy breaks further installation, as it can't reach any Ubuntu mirrors, which are generally IPv6 enabled.

I suggest a default equal to that of IPv4: allow anything sourced from localhost (already there), allow TCP established sessions (as return traffic for outgoing sessions: http/ftp/wget for the install to continue), and the return traffic for DNS.

I'm more familiar with hardware firewalls than iptables, so I'm not sure if the state ESTABLISH/RELATED work with UDP traffic to lock down DNS even further, and only allow return DNS queries from servers the VM queried.. The term 'established' implies TCP traffic on a hardware firewall, but the iptables/netfilter may be smarter, as the traffic originates from itself.

Here's a starting equivalent, although no SIP providers are added. I'm not aware of any native IPv6 SIP providers, and if you're working through a NAT64, you would use your own prefix.

It would at least let installation complete without hanging.

This is what I'm running to get started:

root@vittles12:~# cat /etc/iptables/rules.v6
# Generated by ip6tables-save v1.4.21 on Sat Nov 1 19:18:10 2014
*filter
:INPUT DROP [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
-A INPUT -s ::1 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --tcp-flags ACK ACK -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --sport 53 --dport 1024:65535 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 10000:20000 -j ACCEPT
#Allow SIP from our trunk providers. Currently set to NAT64 range with hardware firewall
-A INPUT -s 64:ff9b::/96 -p udp -m multiport --dports 5060,5061,5062,5063,5064,5065,5066,5067,5068,5069,4569 -j ACCEPT
# Kitchen Sink entries below give full access to all server ports
# Assigned /48
-A INPUT -s 2001:xxxx:yyyy::/48 -j ACCEPT #Example only: internal address space.
COMMIT
# Completed on Sat Nov 1 19:18:10 2014
root@vittles12:~#

With ip6tables fixed, I tried to test the PJSIP implementation now a part of Asterisk 12 and 13, and also the default for port 5060. I am unable to get it to listen on either UDP or TCP over IPv6. I'm not sure if this is FreePBX not expecting anyone to use it, or it's not enabled in compilation. Some googling for both PJSIP and Asterisk's PJSIP is inconsistent with what's supported. General consensus is it must enabled with a compile flag for the original PJSIP source, but it's not clear (to me) if this needs to be enabled with compiling Asterisk, or it's there by default, or what.

I tried adding configuration to the pjsip.transport.conf file and restarting asterisk manually, but it still wouldn't listen on IPv6.

I'm going to try downloading and compiling asterisk in a separate VM to test and play with the options, but that's on my list of things to do.

Thanks,

Joel

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, jie394. IPv6 still is a ways off as you have painfully learned. Would appreciate any and all feedback and recommendations on restructuring. We would love to support it sooner rather than later. One workaround would be to move the IPtables section in the installer to the end of the installation. That, at least, would get you a good install. Olle E. Johansson is the IPv6 Asterisk whiz, and I've sent him a MayDay. Stay tuned!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Good deal Ward et al....NOw the $64k question; what is the recommended distro CentOS or Ubuntu especially going forward? I know you're trying to be platform agnostic which is commendable. Knowing what you know which platform would you use?

THanks leon

Haven't tackled CentOS/Scientific Linux with Asterisk 12 yet so the jury is still out. I have grown to like Ubuntu even with a few hiccups along the way. Ubuntu 14.04 is once again rock solid. Can't say the same about 14.10, but 14.04 is the LTS release so it really doesn't much matter.

jie394

Guru
Reaction score
We would love to support it sooner rather than later. One workaround would be to move the IPtables section in the installer to the end of the installation. That, at least, would get you a good install.

Which part of support are you referring to, Ward? The install script or PBIAF in general? Asterisk seems to support IPv6 fully (on chan_sip driver, at least), and the Incredible PBX components generally seem to, if not enabled as a default. Other than the installation of ip6tables, which I worked around by temporarily commenting it out, everything installed fine.

With some educated guesses about a NAT64 range (i.e, using the RFC default prefix), your SIP provider whitelist could be migrated as-is by prepending 64:ff9b:: to the IPv4 addresses. I haven't looked at fail2ban for its support of IPv6 addresses and modifying ip6tables, though, but if it's just tailing logs and updating ip6tables, it shouldn't be difficult to add.

is the IPv6 Asterisk whiz, and I've sent him a MayDay. Stay tuned!

No need for a mayday, panpan, or any other aviation related emergencies. I am interested in Olle's feedback on IPv6 support in PJSIP, such as if it exists, but there's no emergency. My iPBX12 install is up and running on IPv6 only (as far as it knows) complete with SIP trunks to Vitelity. Even the firewall ALG for RTP stream to Vitelity works as it should, so I don't have to open up those 10,000 ports.

Thanks,

Joel

jie394

Guru
Reaction score
On an non-IPv6 topic, and I'm sure I'm about to express my lack of familiarity with Asterisk, especially after a multi-year absence...

What does the DAHDI plugin do in IP-only installations in Asterisk 12? I know its original use was for digium hardware for fxs /fxo ports, and then also used internally as the channel driver for MeetMe conference bridges. With conference bridges moved to the new system, and I believe MeetMe is either deprecated or removed completely... what else does it do?

Joel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutpocket
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.