I HAVE A DREAM Incredible PBX 12 for Ubuntu

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Coming soon to a desktop near you...

B08fMgAIEAE8AW5.jpg:large

Ken Thomas

Reaction score
I was just about to create a post to ask about the status of Incredible PBX. :) Since the title says Ubuntu, does that mean it will only work on Ubuntu systems? I've been running my current UPBX system on CentOS 6.4 strong for almost 3 years. Either way, with my current config below, will I be able to migrate to the newest version? I've noticed the life-cycle for Incredible isn't as fast as PIAF. Would it make sense to transition to that in order to get more cutting edge features?

Thanks again for all the work you guys do on these projects!

34e9ojs.png

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Ubuntu and RedHat/CentOS are like French and Spanish. You can build things on either platform but many of the commands and tools are different. We're starting with Ubuntu for Asterisk 12 and FreePBX 12. At the moment, FreePBX 12 remains somewhat proprietary. We've offered some suggestions to the development team, and we'll see what we see before moving forward to other platforms.

As for migrating, DON'T! This is experimental code to put it charitably. Treat it like your salt water aquarium. Start a new tank for the new fish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.