SOLVED incredible Fax 2.0, default username/pass

npereira

Reaction score
Just installed this on a new PIAF red box with Incredible PBX 3

I tried all usernames like admin, wwwadmin, maint, admin, root, avantfax and even re-executed the passwd-master to make sure im using the correct one, and still I cannot login to avantfax interface...

What am i doing wrong?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I stand corrected. It should be "maint" and whatever your chosen maint password is.

npereira

Reaction score
Ya, well that does not work...

Login failed for maint. Ask your admin to verify that the account exists in AvantFAX.

How do you rest this? Using the passwd-master or passwd-maint to reset the password to something I know, also does not reset the password for AvantFax...

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
I'm currently finding some irregularities with passwd-master. From my test it looks like it is keeping the old passwords as well.

Meaning, I have PasswordA, change it to PasswordB, and I can still log in (to FreePBX) with PasswordA. Will clarify later and msg Tom &/or Ward.

Try maint/password. That really is sticking in the back of my mind as the default for AvantFax, contrary to the instructions posted on NerdVittles.

npereira

Reaction score
admin/password is the default, and chrome does not like it... Firefox worked.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
passwd-master HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AVANTFAX AT ALL!

when you set up the program it told you multiple times what the username and password was FOR AVANTFAX ONLY.

Here is the final screen of the code WHERE YOU AGREED THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD THAT THE USERNAME WAS MAINT AND THE PASSWORD WAS PASSWORD.

Just checking to see if you understand that to log into the
user interface of avantfax you must use the following:

Username: maint
Password: password

Notice the password is 'password' (without the ' ') and not the
password you assigned to the maint user for apache. Please type
yes to continue with the understanding you have read and understand
the password to use with avantfax initially

Type yes now

Did you not read this or the documentation? Really? I could make it harder to install by forcing you to type in the username and password before the program would even install.

Upon successful login you are ALWAYS prompted to change the password FOR AVANTFAX ONLY to something else. If you never got to that screen then something else is wrong.

I just finished installing incredible fax 2.0 again on 2 proxmox KVM only systems and each time the log in was maint and the password was password. Each time I was prompted to change the password from password to something else. So it does indeed work as designed over here in the PIAF testing lab.

What should you do now? No idea when presented with a situation that sounds as screwed up as your I generally scrub and reinstall. Then follow the instructions exactly with nary an alteration or a change. Funny always works here.

Tom

npereira

Reaction score
Well maint/password combination did not work and this is from a default BRAND NEW install.

Installed from ISO, selected piaf RED, then installed incredible PBX3 then incredible fax 2

admin/password using firefox worked.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Damn guess the developer is lying to you (me) Below is a brand new install of 2602x with iPBX3 & iFax2

Here is the first thing I did after the reboot when installing iFax2

fax1.jpg

Notice I am using maint as the user name and password is the password guess you wont believe it.

Next

fax2.jpg

This is the next screen you will see asking for you to enter the old password and then type your new password twice.

Course if you never saw this...............

Oh well at least you got it working I tried your combination and it DID NOT WORK.

Oh well

Tom

b0b z33

Reaction score
I experienced the same issue logging into AvantFAX today and it was all about Firefox not playing nice

Logged in successfully using IE but not Firefox 24

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Can someone please help. I cannot login to avantfax. I have tried Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari. It continually says "Login failed for maint. Ask your admin to verify that the account exists in AvantFAX.". I have tried the reset password option and that password does not work either. This is on a Rent PBX system.

PBX in a Flash 2.0.6.4.4 (Brown with FreePBX 2.11)

Capstone Works

Reaction score
The maint password will get you to the Avantfax interface web page only - from there you login with admin and you admin password... if you don't know it, us PHPMyadmin to reset the email address for the admin user to your email address and then have it send you the lost password.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.