SOLVED Incredible Fax 11: Hourly Emails from cron

marks

Reaction score
new install of incrediblefax11 and cron emails you every hour with:
Code:
/etc/cron.hourly/hylafax+:

/etc/cron.hourly/hylafax+: line 3: /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+: No such file or directory

The configuration file is missing from the /etc/sysconfig directory.

my workaround was to create a "/etc/sysconfig/hylafax+" containing:
Code:
#
# Put additional command-line options for hfaxd here
#
HFAXD_OPTIONS="-i hylafax"

#
# Put additional command-line options for faxq here
#
FAXQ_OPTIONS=

#
# Put command-line options for faxqclean here
#
FAXQCLEAN_OPTIONS=

#
# Disable daily faxcron if not needed here
#
FAXCRON_RUN="yes"

#
# Put command-line options for faxcron here
#
FAXCRON_OPTIONS=

So far, no more emails from cron..

mbellot

Reaction score
Thanks for this, I was just about to post a new thread with exactly this problem but decided to search first. :eek:

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
Which I think is actually the reverse of the correct fix, it's the cron which needs correcting... hylafax/hylafax+
I'm not actually using FAX so I'm surfing... and if it works... maybe you don't care.

mbellot

Reaction score
Which I think is actually the reverse of the correct fix, it's the cron which needs correcting... hylafax/hylafax+
I'm not actually using FAX so I'm surfing... and if it works... maybe you don't care.

There is (was) no file /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+ or /etc/sysconfig/hylafax on my system, so changing the cron file would have left the problem...

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
You're right! I was influenced by another thread about hylafax/hylafax+ packages.
The one in the recent piaf repo is hylafax+ but a version which doesn't create /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+ it seem.
So the cron is fine with the + and calling the /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+ which is now created by hylafax+ >= 5.5.3-3, piaf repo has 5.5.3-1 for now.
They should all be installed by the package and reference each other correctly but some older version of the package did not include /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+

So you're good and it would mean the piaf repo would profit from the newest version that does include this config file correctly.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
it is on the list hyksos. We are madly working on Piaf3 at the moment which will involve an updated repo which should have the latest rpm's in it.

Tom

mbellot

Reaction score
You're right! I was influenced by another thread about hylafax/hylafax+ packages.
The one in the recent piaf repo is hylafax+ but a version which doesn't create /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+ it seem.
So the cron is fine with the + and calling the /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+ which is now created by hylafax+ >= 5.5.3-3, piaf repo has 5.5.3-1 for now.
They should all be installed by the package and reference each other correctly but some older version of the package did not include /etc/sysconfig/hylafax+

So you're good and it would mean the piaf repo would profit from the newest version that does include this config file correctly.

Thanks for digging into it and confirming this was the correct fix.

:cheers2:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex_Spiridonov
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.