FYI Incredible + Custom Contexts Module

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
Hi,
I currently make fairly extensive use of extension routes (which requires a [free] license),
but as i migrate to the IncGui below, I think it would be preferable to return to using custom contexts module, or some other method of restricting specific extension to specific outbound routes...

Custom context has been much maligned in the past, and was oft referred to as unsupported. That said I had great success with it (well, after many late nights that is !)
and it did what i needed - certain extensions could only use certain routes.

So, to restrict extensions to designated routes with Incredible GUI
  1. Is there a view on using the custom contexts module
  2. Any other suggestions
  3. Will the Incredible GUI work with licensed modules such as Extension Routes
This is an important issue for me some advice very welcome

TIA

RentPBX - PBX in a Flash Incredible PBX 11-12 with Incredible GUI (Centos 6.6):clap:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Any compatible modules should work fine with Incredible GUI. Just use Module Admin -> Upload Modules to install them.

If you plan to use commercial modules, you will need to install the necessary components on your platform to support PHP encryption. We don't recommend it because, with encrypted modules, you never know what is happening under the covers.

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
Feel I should have known that - feel like a beginner again

It did of course resolve the issue :) thanks

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
In outbound routes you can specify which extensions have access by using the CID field. the cid would be the extension number of the the account that is allowed to use this route.

gary

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
Thanks ou812, Good point.
Experimented with this (outboundroutes/CID) in days of yore and it is the simplest way of forcing an extension to use a route, but it has limitation which I cannot recall - possibly to do with when forwarding, or followme etc...or when it matches it will not use another route if it fails...or something...will try to do some testing as it may do what I now need
thanks

krakastan

Guru
Reaction score
So far....
For simple restriction of an extension to a specified trunk outboundroutes/CID works well, but is limited to this. (and i am sure there was an issue relating to trunk failover but not refound it yet!)

Custom contexts works well for controlling extension access to internal features and also to specified trunks.
But extension follow-me always uses an internal context (& incoming CID) so have set up outbound routes with set prefixes to force routing.

Custom contexts also works well with DISA, which I use to both limit some users to specified trunks, and also to force outgoing trunk for CallerID (Callerid in the UK has it own challenges!)

I really do miss extension routes (but no way I would go back!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.