SUGGESTIONS Incredible 11, 12 or 13?

wa4zlw

Reaction score
HI folks...a few weeks ago I started rebuilding our Synagogues PBX with Incredible 11-12/centos. THen Ward and his magic rolled out 13.

Since this is going to be on bare metal I want to try and get a consensus to see which asterisk should be the go forward at this point in time.

Is 13 mature enough, etc?

so if you were going to install today which one would you pick and reasons.

Thanks leon

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with 12 at all, since it is nearing End of Life. 13 is very new, and while it is working well in my test setup, I'm not going to put it into a production system. 11 is very stable, I trust it and am installing it in a production system this weekend.

wa4zlw

Reaction score
I wouldn't mess with 12 at all, since it is nearing End of Life. 13 is very new, and while it is working well in my test setup, I'm not going to put it into a production system. 11 is very stable, I trust it and am installing it in a production system this weekend.
Isn't 11 elk then?

tycho

Guru (not...)
Reaction score
Interesting 12 goes away before 11

Yes. 11 is a long term support version. 12 is not. 13 is, again, a long term support version. They skip versions that way...

voip_user

Reaction score
I have a install coming in November, I was hoping that CentOS 7 and incredible pbx12 would be stable enough for me to put into production. I can do on Ubuntu 14.04 as it goes EOS 2019, but CentOS had a much longer life. I was hoping to keep this PBX in for 5 years.

voip_user

Reaction score
Yeah I was deff staying away from 12. I have a incrediblepbx 13 I just got working on ubuntu. I guess its time to blow it away already and get a CentOS version going as thats the one that will more than likely go into production this year. Once again I wanna thank you guys for this incredible product :), and hopefully I can send a decent sized check to you guys in 16.

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Give the new CentOS 7 build of Incredible PBX with Asterisk 13 a try. Asterisk 12 is EOL this December so you wouldn't want to start there for sure.
The article suggests that you stay away from CentOS 7: CAUTION: Installing Incredible PBX on the CentOS 7 platform is still a work in progress that is suitable for pioneers only. For production systems, stick with 6.5/6.6.

Has the recommendation changed? Has CentOS 7 become an acceptable platform for future IncrediblePBX with Asterisk 13?

/Pete./

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
If I had a 1,000-user business to run, would I stake my business on CentOS 7? Doubtful. For home/SOHO use, it's fine and we use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.