I HAVE A DREAM Incoming caller ID to Text message

Reaction score
I know once upon a time there was a way to have twitter Direct Message you on incoming calls, but it looks like that has long since died. So I am wondering if there is a way to do something where if once a call hits a queue it sends a text message to a cell phone. The reason is that we are mainly an onsite company and have to be in the field (I know, kinda obvious). And there is not always someone to sit by and answer the phones. So we have it setup to ring our cell phones as well.

So I am thinking the process would work like this.

Incoming call
IVR
option pressed for Ring Group / Scheduling department
Ring group rings all internal phones (no one answers)
Text message sent to certain cell phone as no one answered the call from the ring group
Queue Rings phones within it including cell phones

Is this something that anyone else has thought of our played around with?

Thanks,
Nathan

phonebuff

Guru
Reaction score
Nathan,

You can do it with a simple txt message to number@provider. But the chances of the message being delivered in what you and the caller would consider a timely matter is slim.

I would look at the thread here on Push notifications as a possible / better answer.

-- Or dump the call to Voice Mail, and then text / Push that fact that the message is waiting to be handled ....

==============

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score

Twilight Sparkle

https://voip.ms/en/invite/MjM2MjQ4
Reaction score
is there away to TIE, this to a google voice number so i can use SMS/TXT for Free without has-ing to get a VOIP Service?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.