BUG Inbound trunk reconfigure

jd01

Reaction score
So long story short:

I had a heck of a time getting a Vitelity trunk to work on an install of: CentOS66 then PIAF Green then Incredible PBX 11.

After quite some time I figured out that I needed to create a sub account to use because the main account would no longer properly route calls like it did years past, at least on this particular Vitelity acct.

So I created the sub account on the Vitelity portal and edited the inbound trunk I'd already had in place with the Vitelity main account. BUT-- Inbound would not work with the error:
..."rejecting unknown sip connection from" ....

reported in the log.

OK. So after hours of head-banging, I finally simply deleted the inbound trunk all together, and recreated it.

Wa-La. Like magic it works perfectly. Only, it really should not, at least I CANNOT see any reason this should work.

I've duplicated this a few times.

small rant
Can someone explain WHY on God's green Earth an inbound trunk, which only differs in username/secret, would need to be COMPLETELY obliterated and recreated in order for inbound call routing to function??? Why is editing the username/secret/reg-server not enough???

at least for me, for Vitelity...
/small rant

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.