SOLVED Inbound Route by Trunk

Aaron Unpublished

Reaction score
Hello. I am hoping someone can help me here.

I want to setup inbound route by trunk (not DID)...

Basically, I have two trunks... We will name them TrunkA and TunkB...

If a call comes in on TrunkA, I want it to goto IVR-1... If call comes in from TrunkB, I want it to go to IVR-2...

Is this possible? And if so, then I want it a little more complicated.... I then want to say if DID is 555-1212 from TrunkA, go to IVR-1... If DID is 777-1212 and from TrunkA, go to IVR-2...

Is any of this possible?

Thank you!

Aaron

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Not complicated at all. Routing by DID is the standard way of routing incoming calls.
Just create a new inbound route with the appropriate DID, set the destination, and it should work.

This all depends on if I'm understanding your post correctly, of course.

Aaron Unpublished

Reaction score
Ya. I am not sure that you are :(...

The DID doesn't work on them because they are from the same provider with different extensions (from the provider side)... So, there is no way to distinguish between the DID.... It must be done by Trunk name instead :(...

Hope this makes since.

Thanks again!

Aaron

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
If a call comes in on TrunkA, I want it to goto IVR-1... If call comes in from TrunkB, I want it to go to IVR-2...
if DID is 555-1212 from TrunkA, go to IVR-1... If DID is 777-1212 and from TrunkA, go to IVR-2...
So TrunkA calls go to IVR-1 but then "If DID is 777-1212 and from TrunkA, go to IVR-2" so now this TrunkA call who would have been sent to IVR-1 because it's TrunkA needs to go to IVR-2? You kinda need parallel universe for me to follow that, if it was sent to IVR-1 based on trunk how can it also be sent to another IVR based on DID...

The DID doesn't work on them because they are from the same provider
How will the PBX distinguish between the two trunks(distinguish calls from the two trunks) if those trunks are connecting to/coming from the same provider?
As of right now, given your current setup, how did you establish or understand that these calls would come in on different trunks.

there is no way to distinguish between the DID
How can calls made to a single DID end up coming to your box "from" two different Trunk in the first place?
If someone in the world dials a number, how can this potentially reach your PBX on either one or the other trunk?

Ross didn't get it, count me in. :beatdeadhorse5:
And don't get stuck on my questions, no need to answer them if they don't make sense to you.
They're just to demonstrate how bad I'm not getting it, so they might not be relevant at all if I were following correctly.

Aaron Unpublished

Reaction score
LOL :) I am so sorry for not making this very clear...

Lets start over...

I have two trunks... Both from the same provider... However, they have different logins...

With google voice, it was simple.. You specified the DID (Which is the number the person dialed to get you) and routed it that way using standard Inbound Routing...

The new setup I am trying to use is from CallCentric. I have two free DID's from them under one account. To do this, you have to have extensions setup on there server... So Example:
1777XXXXXXX (Default Extension 100)
1777XXXXXXX101 (Extension 101)

I have two trunks... TrunkA logs in as the Default Extension 100. And TrunkB logs in as 101.

The problem is, when you call Ext 100 or 101, it's not distinguishing the calls by DID... Both incoming calls regardless of trunk come in from the same DID number. So, I can't distinguish between the two trunks.

So, I was thinking if I can route it by Trunk then CallerID (Sorry, not DID, but CID)... Then I would be all set.

Hope this helps...

voipRookie

Reaction score
I also have two free DIDs from Callcentric. However, I don't use their extension functionality so what I've done might not be applicable to you. I use standard inbound routing to route these two DIDs to different extensions. The trick is the DID must be retrieved from the "toheader". Luckily, FreePBX has a pre-defined trunk context for this. Set your Callcentric trunk context like this:

Code:
context=from-pstn-toheader

Also note that Callcentric does not always send the calls on the registered trunks. There are many threads in the forum discussing how to address this issue.

voipRookie

Reaction score
Glad it worked for you. This is just another little Callcentric idiosyncrasy. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.