QUESTION Inbound Fax to PDF in Folder

anomaly0617

Reaction score
Not sure which forum to throw this into, so I'll put it here and let Ward move it if he so desires.

I have a customer who wants inbound faxes to be saved as PDF files in a folder. To start I'm going to make that folder local to the PBX. Once I have that working I'll try making the folder a mount point that goes to a network drive. They need this functionality because another program comes along regularly and imports the PDF into their document management system.

I've installed PIAF using CentOS 6.x Minimal (latest), Asterisk 11, PIAF 11, and IncrediblePBX 11 along with IncredibleFax. It's a vanilla installation. I haven't even added trunks to it yet.

I started looking for a way to direct inbound faxes to a folder as a PDF. I found a bunch of stuff about cups-pdf/cupd-pdf online, but before I delve into any of that, I wanted to find out if there's anything already set up for this in IncredibleFax.

Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks!

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Since (sometimes) google is my friend:

http://edoceo.com/howto/hylafax-samba

this purports to allow editing of the execution directions on received faxes. It is specifically titled:
Hylafax Delivery to Samba Share

So I think we can guess that it may meet your needs <g>.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

anomaly0617

Reaction score
Thanks, Andrew, I'll check that out.

My biggest concern was that I didn't want to go blazing a trail that had already been accounted for within the PIAF framework. The less modification I do to a PBX, the easier it is to make sure it can be migrated/upgraded later. But if there's no facility for this specifically integrated into PIAF, I'm happy to make a change and note it in our notes for the eventual migration/upgrade later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.