TRY THIS Inbound calls not working

mkoenig

Reaction score
Cloud based hosted at RentPBX
PBX in a Flash Incredible PBX 13-12 with Incredible GUI (Centos 6.6)
CentOS release 6.7 (Final)
Freepbx 12.0.70
Asterisk 13.5.0

Trunk provider VoIP Innovations

Trunks are up per peers

Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport Comedia ACL Port Status Description
Voip-Innovations 64.136.174.30 Yes Yes 5060 Unmonitored
inbound-VoIP-Innovations 64.136.173.31 Yes Yes 5060 Unmonitored

Inbound trunk settings (these same settings work fine on other systems from same provider and earlier version of asterisk and are what provider recommends)

host=64.136.173.31
type=friend
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833
insecure=port,invite

I have worked with tech support at provider and they have verified what I have found and have made some suggestions which did not resolve the issue.

I have an inbound route setup with the did in the exact format of the invite from the provider. I have the call terminated with a hold forever for testing to eliminate endpoint issues. There is also an any/any inbound route.

Asterisk is not accepting inbound calls. Sitting at asterisk cli with sip debug on I see no activity.

Wireshark pcap shows 3 invites and then a cancel, 3 more invites and then a cancel etc. All of this on inbound leg of call from provider with no response from asterisk.

Any ideas?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is open constraints a bit first. I have VI working inbound without issue, and can share if you want.
Go to your sip settings and allow anonymous and allow guests to yes. - work on getting that call in, and then tighten up afterwards.
You might even want to temporarily disable iptables to make sure you're not blocking them there somehow. They have several different inbound IP's that they use, you want to make sure you've got an inbound route for each.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try this fix:
Code:
cd /usr/src/asterisk-13*
make
make install
amportal restart

Please report back with results so we can notify RentPBX. Thanks.

mkoenig

Reaction score
First thing I'd do is open constraints a bit first. I have VI working inbound without issue, and can share if you want.
Go to your sip settings and allow anonymous and allow guests to yes. - work on getting that call in, and then tighten up afterwards.
You might even want to temporarily disable iptables to make sure you're not blocking them there somehow. They have several different inbound IP's that they use, you want to make sure you've got an inbound route for each.

Thanks for the tip. I have VI working in many other places. Just not here, but I will take your advice and try it out. Thanks!

mkoenig

Reaction score
Try this fix:
Code:
cd /usr/src/asterisk-13*
make
make install
amportal restart

Please report back with results so we can notify RentPBX. Thanks.
That didn't help. Thanks for the reply.

Yahdie

Guru
Reaction score
Can you add another Provider's DID to see if that works? Can you have Voip-Innovations check their DID routing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.