SOLVED Hylafax / Iaxmodem on PogoPlug IPBX - Can Receive / Can't Send

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
I installed Hylafax and Iaxmodem on my Pogoplug E02 following some of the various guides on the interwebs. The Hylafax server works correctly and the modem I configured in Iaxmodem registers to Asterisk as it should. I set up an inbound route for my fax DID (GV) which works correctly as well - inbound fax calls are sent to Hylafax and it receives the fax and sends a copy to me in an email.

Where my problem lays, I keep getting "no carrier detected" error when sending a fax from my desktop via Winfax Print Reloaded. The job is processed correctly and I know Asterisk connects to the remote fax machine (which is a known good fax number / machine) and the remote answers but for some reason there is a disconnect between connecting and actually starting the transmission process. Again I can receive faxes but I cannot send them.

Beyond setting up the IAX2 extension in */Freepbx, is there any other thing you need to setup in FreePBX in order to send a fax out via Iaxmodem? Do I need a custom trunk or destination? Any experience you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Jay Deal

Phhhhhhhhttttttt :)
Reaction score
Finally found the solution to making this work, I had to compile iaxmodem from source, not install it from apt-getting from the repository. Not sure why it makes a difference. All the other programs you need you can get from the repository. And don't even think about Avantfax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.