SUGGESTIONS Hylafax custom trunk

ariban

Reaction score
Hi,
I have hylafax setup and works great, however it automatically uses the top of the list outbound trunk.

My dedicated GV number for sending and receiving faxes is not my top options (and I cant put it on top because i need the top for other things).

How can I program Hylafax to use a specific GV motif trunk and not automatically the top trunk in outbound routes.

I also installed custom context which also works great, i use it with many extensions and DISA and I even was able to change CONTEXT=from-internal in DISA to the name of the custom contexts I created for DISA.
however I dont see any place to change the context for hylafax.

If custom context can help with my fax issue, please let me know what to do, if not then please let me know if there is another solution to my fax issue!

Thanks in advance.
Ben

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
I have the trunk for Hylafax set to respond to a dialed prefix (8 in my case) so that calls to 818005551212 go out on the hylafax trunk.

Andrew

ariban

Reaction score
first how do I set that in piaf green? i dont see any trunk for hylafax in my system

second is there a better way, in case we forget to dial 8 before the number? something that there cant be errors or mistakes of forgetting one digit??

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Let's start at the beginning (my beginning).

I'm using a PC with the Hylafax driver and I also print from the webpage on occasion.

I have a trunk I want to use for faxing. On an outbound route I create a 'Dial Pattern' where all the valid choices are prefixed by an 8 (7 digit dialing has 1 (area code) added, etc.). On the web page they look like this:

(prepend) + 8 + (match pattern) /CallerID. You fill in everything else <g>.

Since I'm using Flowroute, I use the same trunk, but set the callerid to my 'fax number'. If I used another provider (say google voice) I wouldn't have to set the outbound caller id. The 'fax number' is just a DID that goes right to hylafax.

Now, from either the Hylafax web page or from my fax print driver I just enter the number as 81XXXYYYZZZZ

Sorry, I don't know how to idiot proof it any other way.

Andrew

ariban

Reaction score
thank you for your idiot proof answer, but like i said i prefer someone who is not an idiot to give me a better idea than to have to dial 8 before each number i want to fax it, there are many people using the fax machine and i know they will not remember to dial 8 many times!
so if there is anyone else out there with a better way to implement this, i would appreciate it!

AndyInNYC

Reaction score
Your last post seems to state that you are using a physical fax machine "many people using the fax machine". If your fax is set up connected with something like an Obihi then the Obi is an extension. If so, freepbx has a commercial module that can limit access to specific trunks, etc. by extension. If you aren't using a physical fax machine, perhaps you would elaborate on how people "use the fax machine".

I'll overlook that your last post *seems* to include a specific nasty comment. If it was intentional, go f- yourself.

Andrew

ariban

Reaction score
Hi Andy, Rossiv, and Ward.​
I am extremely sorry, I told one of the office people yesterday to check if there was an answer to the question I posted and he did and I just saw his response to you and I apologize for his comments!!​
I explained to him its not cool at all what he did, just because you mentioned you idiot proofed it, it does not mean that you called him an idiot and he was wrong in his answer back to you!​
starting from the answer first how do I set that in piaf green, that was him writing back to you.​
I see its not good to give out my access as I cant be sure what someone will write.​
<b>from all my other posts on this forum, I never was disrespectful at all to anyone and I am ashamed that he wrote this using my account. I apologize! I greatly appreciate everyone's help always and yes idiot proofing is a smart idea for lots of people</b>​
I implemented your suggested and sent an email to everyone to write 8 before the number. We are not using a physical fax, we are using the server's fax.​
Again I am sorry for his way of speaking and please know that was not me, I love this system and these forums and all the help that everyone has always given me and I try to give back as well.​
Thank you​
Ben​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BKhumalo
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.