TUTORIAL HowTo: Flash Operator Panel 2 Installation

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
This upgrade applies FOP 2.2 (June 30, 2011) and to the following installs of 32 bit PiaF. Asterisk 1.6.0.6, 1.6.1.1, 1.6.2.0, 1.6.2.6, 1.8.4.1 with FreePBX 2.5.2.2 and 2.6.0.2, PiaF Purple, FreePBX 2.8.1.0, 2.8.1.4

It can be used as a guideline. To start you should have the FreePBX Parkinglot, Conference (Meetme) and Queue modules installed.

1. Stop FOP from the Linux command prompt:

amportal stop_fop

2. Install FOP2 packages to PiaF server:

a. From the Linux command prompt, change to /usr/local/src:

cd /usr/local/src

b. Download from the latest version at http://www.fop2.com/download.php

For PiaF, use Centos 5 i386 for 32 bit and Centos 5 64 bit for 64 bit. Download to your PC and then use Webmin-Others- Upload and Download - Upload to Server and Extract archive or compressed files? Yes to upload and uncompress the file to the server. Upload to /usr/local/src directory. It's pretty slick way to do it.

c. SSH into your server using puTTY (free SSH client) and cd /usr/local/src/fop2 then

make install

d. The installation will copy the server files under /usr/local/fop2 and the web pages under /var/www/html/fop2

3. Configure FOP2

a. Check that the fop2 user account matches the Asterisk manager account. Here’s how to check. They should be the same by default.

b. Edit /usr/local/fop2/fop2.cfg for the following (optional but handy!):

monitor_ipaddress = 1 <= this shows the IP address when hovering over extension (good for troubleshooting)

master_key = 5678 <= allows admin to login with this password for any extension (make it a secure key!)

4. Configure PiaF to use FOP2

a. Edit /etc/asterisk/sip_general_custom.conf (it may be blank), add the following line:

callevents=yes

b. Edit /etc/asterisk/queues_custom.conf (it may be blank), add the following:

[testqueue]
eventwhencalled=yes

c. Modify extensions_override_freepbx.conf:

cat /usr/local/fop2/extensions_override_freepbx.conf >> /etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf

5. Check /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and add "originate" to the admin account permissions if it is not already there.

[admin]
secret = amp111
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user, <== add originate to end!
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user, <== add originate to end!

(Sorry, the above string exceeds vBulletin's max "word" length and screws up the formating if I add the word originate to the lines)

6. To change FreePBX Main Menu to point to FOP2, In /var/www/html/welcome/.htindex.cfg

a. Change this line:

1,panel,./panel,Flash Operator Panel,ico_fop.png

b. To this line:

1,panel,./fop2,Flash Operator Panel 2,ico_fop.png

7. For FOP2 to show up on the FreePBX Panel tab:

a. edit /var/www/html/admin/views/panel.php, change code:

'<iframe width="97%" height="600" frameborder="0" align="top" src="../panel/index_amp.php?context='.$deptname.'" ></iframe>'.

b. To:

'<iframe width="97%" height="600" frameborder="0" align="top" src="../fop2/index.html"></iframe>'.

8. Test, from the Linux command prompt:

amportal restart

then

/usr/local/fop2/fop2_server --test

Should respond with:

Flash Operator Panel 2 - No valid license found. Demo Mode
Connection to manager OK!

If you see errors like:

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.queues_config' doesn't exist
ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'asterisk.meetme' doesn't exist

It means you don't have the modules (queues and conferences) loaded through FreePBX, load the modules, then run the test option again.

9. If you run into problems try testing using debug

/usr/local/fop2_server -X 3

It will provide lots of text based messages. Ctrl C to shut off.

10. Stop FOP (original) from running at start-up. Edit /etc/amportal.conf and change the FOPRUN=true line to false
FOPRUN=false

11. FOP2 will start automatically using init.d at boot-up. Or start it using "service fop2 start", stop it using "service fop2 stop".

12. Good references:

13. Install FOP2 Phonebook

Now go to post #5 in this thread to install the FOP2 Phonebook.

14. Install FreePBX FOP2 Modules

Go to post #9 in this thread to install the FOP2 FreePBX admin modules.

Enjoy! :D

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
For testing purposes, to start FOP2,

/etc/init.d/fop2 start OR "service fop2 start"

and to stop

/etc/init.d/fop2 stop OR "service fop2 stop"

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I tried it with the standard (Non 64) version of PIAF and it works except this:
Code:
root@pbx:/usr/local/fop2 $ ./fop2_server -X 3

Can't listen to port 4445
Something else is conflicting with it.
Do you know what?

Thanks
Ross

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Could be the original FOP server is still running. It uses port 4445. Try turning it off using "amportal stop_fop" from the Linux command prompt. If your configs are good then test it using "/usr/local/fop2_server --test" as listed above. The demo license thing is normal, it limits you to 16 buttons.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Installing the Visual Phonebook:

There are very good installation instructions at the online FOP2 manual. The gotcha is figuring out the root user's password for the MySQL database. It is "passw0rd" (zero not oh). So replace the 5 Xs (XXXXX) in the instructions with passw0rd and it goes very well.

You will be creating another database called fop2 for a user called fop2 with a password of "myPassw0rd" then it works.

If you get an error when you access the Phonebook, change $DBUSER = 'root' from the default /var/www/html/fop2/config.php to $DBUSER = 'fop2'. If you still get an error then most likely you had a typo or two during the creation of the fop2 database (experience talking!). That is a pain to fix - the simplest way is to delete the fop2 database and start over. To delete the fop2 database, go to FreePBX - phpMyadmin. Select fop2(1) then DROP.

KUMARULLAL

Guru
Reaction score
Where is the security?

The log in screen has only 2 credentials. Extension number and password (Voice-mail password). That means anyone logging in with their extension and password can listen, record calls etc. This may not be ideal in a real world. The log in credentials should be user-name and password. That way only a few trusted employees can then have the access to monitor everything.
Imagine this. You are the boss of a small company and others working for you can listen in to your conversations can be dangerous. There should be a work around for this problem.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
You can create groups or individual users with restricted permissions through the contexts. It's documented in the user manual and on the forums.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I stopped the original FOP, but now I get this:
Code:
root@pbx:/usr/local/fop2 $ ./fop2_server --test
Manager authentication failed. Check credentials!
root@pbx:/usr/local/fop2 $
--Scratch That!
The username was set to amp instead of admin.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Here's the FOP2 FreePBX Admin module . It installs a separate FreePBX configuration page for each of the following: FOP2 buttons, FOP2 Groups and FOP2 Users. It allows you to create buttons, users and groups and assign the FOP2 permissions to each.

1. Download the Fop2Admin package to your PC

http://www.fop2.com/downloads/fop2admin-1.0.tgz

2. Open FreePBX - Tools - Module Admin

3. Select Upload Module then choose the module that you downloaded to your PC and then select Upload.

4. Go back to Module Admin and under 3rd Party Addon, install FOP2 Admin (lots of confirmations)

5. Apply Configuration Changes

There should be 3 new configuration pages called FOP2 Buttons, FOP2 Groups and FOP2 Users under the Tools - 3rd Party Addons section.

These configuration pages address the security questions that users pointed out.

Please read the following postings on using the FOP2 Admin modules for dahdi and general use.

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
I had a problem with the park not working. the following got it to work
cp /usr/local/fop2/extensions_override_freepbx.conf/etc/asterisk

Just thought id pass it on in case someone has the same problem

Gary

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Just a typo correction:

cp /usr/local/fop2/extensions_override_freepbx.conf /etc/asterisk

I remember doing this but don't see it documented. I'll check tomorrow.

Thanks

New instructions rather than copy over the file, add to it:

cat /usr/local/fop2/extensions_override_freepbx.conf >>/etc/asterisk/extensions_override_freepbx.conf

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Using dahdi FXS with FOP2 and fop2admin

When you use fop2admin modules in FreePBX, they grab the FreePBX database entries for dahdi which identify the dahdi extensions as zap extensions. Unfortunately, asterisk chokes when it tries to talk to extension zap/1 when it is actually dahdi/1. The solution is pretty simple, under the FreePBX module FOP2 Buttons, add an appropriate Originate Channel:

fop2-dahdi.jpg

Ive cropped the image to fit....

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
FreePBX FOP2 Admin modules

The FOP2 admin modules are a pretty nice implementation. If you install it after your extensions are created, it will find them and add them in with ALL permissions. If you add extensions after you've install FOP2, you must add each user using the FOP2 User module.

This is a good thing from a security standpoint because it forces you to:

1. Add the user to a group which you can make using FOP2 Group. This limits the permissions of the user to the group rights

OR

2. Select the permissions that you want the user to have:

fop2-permissions.jpg

This was a concern addressed earlier in this thread.

markb1439

Reaction score
Hi,

Trying these instructions on the OpenVZ PIAF 32-bit template, I got the following when I ran the test:

Couldn't connect to localhost:5038 (Server 0)

Debug mode showed me:

Can't listen to port 4445

Following this thread I turned off the original FOP server but I still get the error about not being able to connect to localhost:5038.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark

markb1439

Reaction score
I can now log in (not sure what happened), however the panel still isn't working. I see the buttons but they don't reflect the status of each extension. Even with calls from extension to extension, nothing changes in the panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

markb1439

Reaction score
Solved. All of the issues came from an OpenVZ issue, and everything was resolved thanks to great help from the FOP2 developer...absolutely fantastic support!

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
Solved. All of the issues came from an OpenVZ issue, and everything was resolved thanks to great help from the FOP2 developer...absolutely fantastic support!

The FOP2 support site has a live chat option that has helped me immensely when I ran into problems. I agree fantastic support. Glad you solved your problem.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score

It would be helpful to others if you would document how the issue was resolved. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voiplads
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.