TIPS Home Security Alarm System

Alok Nath

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know there are Asterisk apps that receive calls from a home security alarm system and then dial out to other numbers (including the police) to inform them about the problem.

Does anyone know of a system with the added functionality that it would give the called party an opportunity to cancel the alarm by entering a password? Only if the alarm is not canceled by any of the called parties, would the police be informed.

Also, can the PBX be made to receive ADEMCO codes, and use them in the outgoing message to inform the called parties exactly which zone was triggered?

Reaction score
In the UK Texecom make alarms with internet modules. Their 'Premier Elite' series offers really high end features and has smartphone apps that allow you to control the alarm. The internet module does send push alerts but at the moment their smartphone apps do not receive them (I gather work is underway for this). If you have a PC running anyway you could use their PC software Wintex to receive the notification then send you an email which you could do by push perhaps?

Personally I would keep the alarm system apart from your phone system. I know Texecom focus mainly on Europe but I believe they are venturing into other parts of the world. Their tech support is excellent so you could perhaps drop them a line with your suggestion? For police notification though at least in Europe it's not permitted for an alarm to be linked directly to the police (unless it's a police fitted alarm they have installed to protect - for instance - high risk vulnerable people). All police notifications this side of the pond need to be done by a person.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.