Hide caller ID on all outgoing calls

peterbata

Reaction score
I am using a POTS line. If I pickup a handset and wish to hide my caller id (name and number) I simply prefix the outgoing number with *67.

How could I prefix all outgoing calls in this fashion?

I tried entering *67 in Trunk / Outbound Dial Prefix: (call cannot completed)

Outbound Routes / Dial Patterns / Prefix *67 / NXXNXXXXXX (call cannot completed)

Thank you.

Peter

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
What kind of FXO? Does it have a dialplan in it? Is it set to accept *67 in its dialplan?
Watch the call from the asterisk console, see what the dial string is that is sent to the FXO, then you will know where to look further.

Hyksos

Guru
Reaction score
I work for a telco and on our lines (pots) certain feature code fails if dial too quickly : *675555555555.

I'm not sure if *67 is one of those who needs a pause between the feature code and the phone number but maybe your box is doing it too quick.

tbrummell suggestion is also a good idea the fxo specific settings are applied after the trunk settings so what you think is being dialed may not be what is actually dialed.

peterbata

Reaction score
Not a problem lgaetz. Thanks for the reply anyways. I am certain that one of the gurus will help me out eventually. Have a good one. Peter

In FreePBX a 'prefix' indicates digits to be stripped. What you want is 'prepend'.

*edit* although reading the mouseover help for 'oubound dial prefix' in the trunk, I think maybe you are using that properly. Thinking my help is probably not helpful.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
As was stated, entering *67 in the prepend line will add it to the dial string. What you need to tell us is what you are using for a FXO. Does it have a dialplan as well? If it does, it needs to accept the *67NXXNXXX in its dialplan as well.

EDIT: As you mentioned, adding it to the trunk will work as well. Looks more & more like a FXO problem.

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Careful, that is known not to work. Or did they finally fix it?

peterbata

Reaction score
Thank you all for your time, patience, and assistance. Adding *67 in the Prepend field (Outbound Route) did the trick. Fortunately, no pause is required.

ozdw6.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.