QUESTION Help with the Grandstream GXW4248 and GXW4104 (FXO)

kcallis

Reaction score
I have installed the Green version of PBXIAF and of course it is just singing along with no problems. My problem now lies with configuring the Grandstream devices. I have rewire my 66-block to my GXW4248 and I can pick up an extension and see the device light up. I thought for ease of setup, I purchased from Schmooze the EMP because the latest version supports the GXW 4200 series. Unfortunately, the documentation doesn't really explain how to make use of the EMP.

Right now, I have 35 lines that are in limbo because I don't have the slightest idea on how to integrate the GXW into my asterisk server. If there is anyone out here that has played with this device and got it working, please give me a little guidance. I have a boss that is in my a** because phones aren't ringing. I also need to get the GXW4104 working, but for now, I just want to move forward with the 4248.

Thanks

Jake

Reaction score
I've configured a 4104 with PIAF and did not have too much trouble, if I remember correctly. I know the 4248 isn't the same as it's an FXS device. It looks like you can register each port as an extension through the devices GUI.

kcallis

Reaction score
I have bought the EPM package, and I am still lost on what I need to do. When I look at the GXW, it tells me that extension is unregistered. I build out the template on the EPM module and everything looks good. On the GXW, under provisioning, I have set it for the asterisk server as 192.168.10.10/.

I have manually added an extension for each line that I have in place (35 rooms), and when I look at the Extension Mapping, all of the extensions that I created under Application/Extensions is also reflected under the Extension Mapping. I have tried to do a build config, but is nothing being sent to the GXW.

I have a boss that is planning on killing me some time soon or else finding me unemployed... I see there is stuff about the 4104 GWX FXO gateway (which is next on my list), but I have yet to find anything on how to get this FXS gateway working. I have been messing around with this for several days and not getting anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kcallis

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses... That was the point I was missing which was creating extensions normally, adding the gateway type and template and then going things squared away with EMP. So now the configs are passing perfectly. Now the only issue I am having is on a hardware side. I know that when I pick up a line, it shows on my GXW, but I am getting no dial time, nor can I even send tones to see if I can for a call! Also one of the lines that was off hook, is blinking even though I have placed back on the hook. Any one that might know about the hardware side of the coin, please give a shout!

kcallis

Reaction score
I've configured a 4104 with PIAF and did not have too much trouble, if I remember correctly. I know the 4248 isn't the same as it's an FXS device. It looks like you can register each port as an extension through the devices GUI.

Did you use the guide that was on freepbx.org forum?

Jake

Reaction score
No, I programmed the 4104 manually. However, I assume that EPM module creates config files in the TFTPBoot folder and then you just set the IP address of your asterisk server into the 4248. Make sure your t*f*t*p is working on your asterisk server.

With the hardware aspect under the Advanced tab does it show your phones as "on hook" and then "off hook" when you pick it up?

kcallis

Reaction score
I figured out what it was... It was slowing blinking to that there was voice mail. The only problem is that even after I clear the V/M, it is still slow to stop blinking. I see that there is a beta available for the GXW4248, but EMP doesn't let me use the beta. I have tried every trick I could, but no go. As for the 4104... I plugged in one line, and it is working. I have a total of three with two of them as rotary lines. I am trying to figure out how to properly configure the parameters... I guess through trial and error, I will get that working as well...

kcallis

Reaction score
Using EMP the way to get the beta firmware installed to the GXW 42xx is go into [Settings|EndPoint Manager|Advanced|Firmware Management]. In the Side menu, select Granstream. On the are left the is a drop down of firmwares 0.00 - 1.05. Drag 0.00 to slot #1. Download the beta firmware, unzip the file and extract the .bin file. Copy that file to /tftpboot/grandstream/1. Reboot you GXW4200 and lo and hold you are now running the new firmware!

kcallis

Reaction score
Ok, back to the same issue. According to the 4248, all of the phones are registered and on hook.
Port Status

Port
Hook
SIP Registration
DND
Forward
Busy Forward
Delayed Forward
FXS 1
On Hook
Registered
FXS 2
On Hook
Registered
FXS 3
On Hook
Registered
FXS 4
On Hook
Registered
FXS 5
On Hook
Registered
FXS 6
On Hook
Registered
FXS 7
On Hook
Registered
FXS 8
On Hook
Registered
FXS 9
On Hook
Registered
FXS 10
On Hook
Registered
Looking at the console, it shows that everything is running:

40 sip peers [Monitored: 35 online, 2 offline Unmonitored: 3 online, 0 offline]

But I have no dial tone at any of the phones! Also, I tried to add to additional extensions, I get the following:

[2014-06-10 18:06:08] NOTICE[17785]: chan_sip.c:28162 handle_request_register: Registration from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.130.254:46508' - Wrong password
[2014-06-10 18:06:08] NOTICE[17785]: chan_sip.c:28162 handle_request_register: Registration from '<sip:[email protected]>' failed for '192.168.130.254:53034' - Wrong password
So what am I doing wrong? I have added all of the extensions into the EPM and it gives me a ping count on each line. I have tried everything that I can think of...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.