HELP WANTED: PIAF-Wiki

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We have put up an experimental PIAF-Wiki with the understanding that, if this becomes overly burdensome to the PIAF Dev Team, it will disappear.

If you have experience with Wikis and would like to lend a hand, we would appreciate the assistance. Just drop us a note.

chart

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just tell me how with MediaWiki and vBulletin. That would be a great start!

drmurdoch

Reaction score
Mediawiki is powerful, but the wiki syntax prevents many people from using it.

Did Vaultwiki (free to Try) get a consideration ? It was mentioned in the first wiki thread here.
It is the best wiki for vBulletin.

The best option now is
  • Forums: Xenforo
  • Wiki: XenCarta

It is a WYSIWYG wiki with bbcodes.
You can embed wiki entries in the forums.

The reason you want a WYSIWYG wiki is .... Many hands make light work !
There is a downloadable addon for vBulletin called vBMediawiki - it has login integration with vBulletin.
Did you look at that ? I am logged into the forums here but not the wiki.

More on this later.

Last edited by a moderator:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We appreciate the tips, and we have looked. As for vBulletin integration, it would be an understatement to say that we are extremely nervous about vBulletin's overall security. To integrate it into the wiki is probably not gonna happen because of the threat potential. As for Xenforo, the pending lawsuits have given us pause is undertaking any migration at this time.

Having said that, we're also not in a position to monitor wiki posts by thousands of strangers. So, at least for the time being, you will see that there is a procedure in place to authorize existing (known) PIAF Forum users with a track record so that they can edit the wiki. For everyone else, they can register but not edit or delete any of the contents.

With regard to WYSIWYG, we agree. And we've added a Word-compatible WYSIWYG editor to MediaWiki. It's extremely easy to use.

That's the best we can do until we see how this goes and whether it is utilized. Our objection to a wiki all along has been a concern for the amount of damage a single jerk can pull of in just a matter of minutes. So our eyes are focused about like the dimpled chad dude...

florida_unglued_1031.jpg

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Email sent to help maintain and write! This will be awesome to have around PBX in a flash as there are so many times people ask the same questions (or so many times I am looking for the same answer)

sircolin

Guru
Reaction score
Great Idea My memory is not what is was, i wish i could just get over to the hardware store and buy some more.:crazy:

I will be happy to support this in any way i can.

Col

sircolin

Guru
Reaction score
No i Think all you need is someone to drive the boat and ME to entertain. :lol:

let me know how i can help i would be more the happy to contribute to writing some of the more basic stuff, like right now im looking to change to voice-mail link. to something meaningful and for the life of me i can't remember. how i did it last time. wiki is looking cool! (bookmarked)

Col

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just register with your existing PIAF Forum name and we'll add you to the Authors list. Thanks.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
No i Think all you need is someone to drive the boat and ME to entertain. :lol:

let me know how i can help i would be more the happy to contribute to writing some of the more basic stuff, like right now im looking to change to voice-mail link. to something meaningful and for the life of me i can't remember. how i did it last time. wiki is looking cool! (bookmarked)

Col

http://pbxinaflash.com/wiki/index.php?title=Voicemail
:smile5:

sircolin

Guru
Reaction score
thanks i found the information on the pbxiaf website, not the wiki but it looks a lot clearer on the wiki. i will refer back to it once i control the customers domain details (evil admin laugh)

but all ready i see the first port of call for people will have to start being the wiki !

Col

drmurdoch

Reaction score
I'd be happy to help out.
Wiki name: Drmurdoch

I was going to collect information on Softphones.
Windows
iPhone
Android

drmurdoch

Reaction score
Happy Anniversary wiki !

Anyone want to make some comments about it ?
What have people found useful ?
Were you aware of it ?

tbrummell

Guru
Reaction score
Ummmm....Wiki? (I guess that is enough explanation from me) LoL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.