FOOD FOR THOUGHT Help setting up a specific phone

Nubleet

Reaction score
upload_2015-11-17_8-58-49.png
Hello all. I have an existing PBX that I am replacing with an Asterisk flavour. The current system is a TOS3000 with IP2061 phone system. It has had a decent run, but it is nearing its death. Needs restarted constantly, drops calls, is overall pretty terrible. I have gotten the phone to work MOSTLY. There are just a few things that I would like to see working.
mocet_ip2061.jpg

The phone has 4 line buttons, plus an extensions list on the right of the phone. What I would like is the lines (and extensions using the lines) to light up when in use. Is this possible? I have read about using call parking for calls and tying these buttons to the parking lot. I am just not sure of how to go about it. If anyone has any insight into these phones, please feel free to chime in :)

Nubleet

Reaction score
Looks like these may actually be rebranded TECOM phones. Anyone have any experience with TECOM?

Bill Dengler

Reaction score
View attachment 1950
Hello all. I have an existing PBX that I am replacing with an Asterisk flavour. The current system is a TOS3000 with IP2061 phone system. It has had a decent run, but it is nearing its death. Needs restarted constantly, drops calls, is overall pretty terrible. I have gotten the phone to work MOSTLY. There are just a few things that I would like to see working.
mocet_ip2061.jpg

The phone has 4 line buttons, plus an extensions list on the right of the phone. What I would like is the lines (and extensions using the lines) to light up when in use. Is this possible? I have read about using call parking for calls and tying these buttons to the parking lot. I am just not sure of how to go about it. If anyone has any insight into these phones, please feel free to chime in :)
Asterisk's chan_sip (older) driver has native support for BLF (busy lamp field) keys.
Do your phones support that?
If so, and your extensions are configured as chan_sip devices, BLF should work out of the box.

Nubleet

Reaction score
I dont think that these phones support BLF key functions. The web portal has "EDM Keys" which is the "extension" list on the right side of the image that I posted. It looks like I can tie functions to them, but they rely on the other PBX to tell the keys to light up. I am attempting to contact the "manufacturer" that these phones were purchased from to get some answers, but as I stated in my second post they appear to be a rebranded Tecom ip2061 and the TOS3000 appears to be a rebranded Tecom IG6000 series. I can see this if I look at the phones config dump and I can program the keys to do other things there, so Maybe I can send BLF functions that way? Do you have any suggestions on some reading for BLF keys?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.