TIPS Help finding VOIP company to port to

geoff

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I need some advice.

I have a customer who desperately wants to get away from Windstream in North Georgia (706-579-xxxx).

I have tried porting to VOIP.ms, Vitelity and DIDForsale, they All initially come back as 'Yes, we support that rate center, no problem' than after a few days to 2 weeks later, I get an e-mail saying they are cancelling the port request because "we do not have any underlying carriers that support this
ratecenter" or "We do not have an ICA in place with the SPID for the ULC, so we are unable to port this tn."

Any Advice on finding someone who can port this number?

Thanks,

Geoff

Jake

Reaction score
I actually had this same problem and found out after talking to vitelity that they can offer service in most rate centers because of their vmobile association with Sprint. Basically they can make it a wireless number but terminate it to VoIP through them. Worth a try to give them a call and see if it will work for you. It may cost slightly more.

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
I have had success porting from small areas with Sip.US. Nelson-Ball Ground phone company was bought by TDS Telecom several years ago. They are the LEC there. I also think you could port those numbers through Flowroute.

geoff

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. After doing a bunch more research and making phone calls, I have learned that the copper in the ground is owned by Verizon, the Switch is owned by Windstream Sugarland Inc, d/b/a Sugarland Telephone Company and managed by Windstream Cable Services (Apparently Windstream Residential Phone Service does not manage any lines in the state of Georgia).

I have spoken with: Vitelity, VOIP.ms, DIDforsale, IPComms, and Frontier Communications, all a no go. Waiting to hear back from Gafachi and Windstream VoIP division. I've even spoke to TDS, they suggested to port it to ATT wireless and then they thought they could get it (but are not 100% sure) from ATT Wireless, but not directly from Windstream Sugarland.

Any other suggestions?

Geoff

kenn10

Reaction score
If someone won't port directly, I'd suggest porting to a wireless phone if Windstream supports number portability in your area. Once the number moves to the wireless carrier, you can port it out to a VOIP service. You will find Windstream is less than helpful -- especially at the prospect of losing a customer to a competitor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.