RECOMMENDATIONS Hardware Suggestion: 200 users

voip_user

Reaction score
I've been approached to build a system out for about 200 users. They currently have about 100 plus about 10 simple ACD users. I would usually build a cisco system and call it a day. This is my change to put in a Piaf/Incredible pbx system, but I'm lost on what hardware to choose. Here are the basic requirements

Provisioned phone system for 200 total users
10 ACD users
All users will have voicemail and a few general voicemail boxes
They already have SIP trunks through there existing cisco routers.
Voice recordings just for ACD users
Some sort of failover to a new system.

Thanks

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've got a system that size that I use a Dell 2950, dual quadcore CPU, and 4 Gig of RAM. I know its overkill, but works well. Much of it depends on how many concurrent calls and any transcoding that goes on. Plus are you going to record users calls? a SSD drive certainly is a nice thing to have as well.

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
You don't need no stinkin' hardware. :rolleyes: Make it virtual. Either HyperV or VSphere. Amount of users isn't as relevant as concurrent calls. I'm running my piaf as a HyperV 2012R2 guest with 80 endpoints and about 10 concurrent calls. No issues.

voip_user

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I do plan on making it virtual. The customer doesn't want any involvement with the system. They just want the phones to work. So we will be managing all of it. I've through about 1 server with a Raid built in, or 2 Servers and use them in a failover situation. I'm guessing close to 15-20 concurrent calls with recording on the ACD lines(2-5 calls at a time)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.