SOLVED GXP1400 Firmware Does Not Update

sh0tsmash

Reaction score
Just bought 2 Grandstream GXP 1400 phones. They both have firmware versions 1.0.5.32. However, the newest version is 1.0.7.8 (http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware). The phones are not downloading the new firmware :-(

I have tried changing the Config and Firmware file path to firmware.grandstream.com , but they do not download the new firmware on reboot. I even tried a local t*f*t*p server, and there is no t*f*t*p server activity. Oddly enough, I could not get syslog to generate either

Can someone point me in the right direction?

john p

Reaction score
I too have not been successful recently in getting a firmware update from Greandstream but I did successfully use a local t*f*t*p server using port 69 (FreeNAS) with the 1400 upgrade settings as shown in the attached - the phone gets the update on reboot. I see the log activity on the t*f*t*p server logs. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• gxp.gif
    gxp.gif
    23.9 KB · Views: 18

sh0tsmash

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I tried t*f*t*p breifly before, it didnt work so I moved on. I just tried it again on two GXP1400's and nothing. It does not appear in the logs that it is even connecting to the t*f*t*p server. No firewall, allow IP's etc. Tried two different t*f*t*p servers. I am at a loss here :-/

Oddly enough, my screens are slightly different that yours, and to each other. The screenshots are two different GXP 1400's.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: I dont think t*f*t*p is working at all. It will not pull the XML app I have in the t*f*t*p directory. No server logs, so is not connecting :(

Attachments

• gxp1400-1.png
    gxp1400-1.png
    68 KB · Views: 11
  • gxp1400-2.png
    gxp1400-2.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 9

sh0tsmash

Reaction score
Solved. I had a problem with IPtables rules on a DDWRT router, as an access point. The phones are NOT plugged into it. It makes no sense

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.