TIPS GUI gone wild! The Incredible PBX/PIAF main screen gone!?

SMTC

Reaction score
Did a "shutdown -h -P now" on the Pi 2. Swapped another chip in to test, then came back to the former, re-booted.

Now when I go to the LAN address, it bypasses the main menu system and jumps directly to the
Server Admin, Incredible Free Support, User Control Panel screen.

What gives?

http://LAN IP Address/admin/config.php is what it jumps to. What should it be loading by default?

SMTC

Reaction score
Just did a compare with a previous save and the /var/www/html/index.php files are totally different! The one with the working menu is large, the one that goes straight to admin is like one if statement looking for a custom_index.

What the heck?

geopeterwc

Guru
Reaction score
Did a "shutdown -h -P now" on the Pi 2. Swapped another chip in to test, then came back to the former, re-booted. Now when I go to the LAN address, it bypasses the main menu system and jumps directly to the
Server Admin, Incredible Free Support, User Control Panel screen.

http://LAN IP Address/admin/config.php is what it jumps to. What should it be loading by default?

This happens because the login credentials are automatically saved as, I suspect, cookies in your browser. To be sure, CLEAR the cache and the history and see what happens. ... or try accessing the PIAF from another computer ... In either case, you'll have to provide the login credentials.

The same happens if you have warning messages that you've "X'd" away and refresh the status screen. They won't return unless you've cleared the browser cache or use another computer.

/Pete./

SMTC

Reaction score
Its not cached credentials. Tried another laptop - jumps to same menu. (and a previous microSD'd version has a working menu)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Copy index.php and index_custom.php from the working image to the one with a problem.

SMTC

Reaction score
Only needed to copy over index.php. Working again, but what happened and how did the file contents get replaced? This is what was in the garbaged file:

<?php
// License for all code of this FreePBX module can be found in the license file inside the module directory
// Copyright 2013 Schmooze Com Inc.
//
if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/index_custom.php')) {
include_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/index_custom.php');
} else {
$basename = pathinfo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],PATHINFO_DIRNAME);
$uri = (!empty($basename) && $basename != '/') ? $basename . '/admin' : '/admin';
header('Location: '.$uri);
}

Both files in the attached ZIP.

Is this what happens when you run a FREEPBX module update?

Is this maybe also why Meetme conference is turned off now since its "no longer installed":

Your Conference Room App (ASTCONFAPP) was automatically changed from app_meetme to app_confbridge because app_meetme is not installed on your Asterisk installation

Attachments

• index.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 6

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Only needed to copy over index.php. Working again, but what happened and how did the file contents get replaced? This is what was in the garbaged file:

<?php
// License for all code of this FreePBX module can be found in the license file inside the module directory
// Copyright 2013 Schmooze Com Inc.
//
} else {
$basename = pathinfo($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],PATHINFO_DIRNAME);
$uri = (!empty($basename) && $basename != '/') ? $basename . '/admin' : '/admin';
header('Location: '.$uri);
}

Both .......

Your Conference Room App (ASTCONFAPP) was automatically changed from app_meetme to app_confbridge because app_meetme is not installed on your Asterisk installation

Thanks that fixed mine by copying index.php from incredible backup file. added a spare copy index.php.org for next time.
Now I checked my /var/www/html/index_custom2.php which is the same as my incredible backup (see below CODE)
AND it refers to in spite of the fact that . '/index_custom.php' no longer exists.

Code:
cat /var/www/html/index_custom2.php
<?php
} else {
    header('Location: /admin');
}

ALSO: QUERY: Do I need to add a '2' to one or both of these lines, or leave /index_custom2.php as is ????

SMTC

Reaction score
Saw some other instruction in the forum somewhere from @wardmundy with a download script (GPG-patch) to disable the version checking in FreePBX.

This just might do the trick. I don't the get the warnings now.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
In version 12, it's not version checking. It's file signature checking with checksums. For the rationale (theirs and ours), read last week's Nerd Vittles article. Over the past few years FreePBX has seized control of more and more files on your server. Used to just be the standard files in /etc/asterisk. The (undocumented) list now includes /var/www/html/index.php. If you want to preserve an existing copy of your own index.php, it needs to be named index_custom.php. Hope that helps clarify what's going on. We'll take a look at the setup on the RasPi 2 when time permits and clean things up. And, yes, the module updates probably broke stuff like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.