RECOMMENDATIONS Great Setup

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
OK - I have signed up for my first Expo and I setup what I thought is a very cool demo site.

I used a Foxconn for a PBX (with caching DNS so that system will run without internet)
POE switch
A couple Yealink POE phones (no power cables needed)
A GoIP GSM-Gateway (make and receive calls without internet)
A Linksys Router for DHCP and routing.

After getting all of that working, I setup my Galaxy S4 with WIFI hotspot.
My Laptop (connected to WIFI of S4) then setup the sharing between wifi and LAN connection.
PC-Lan to the WAN of the Linksys in Bridge Mode then gives me 4G internet connection across the network.

Anyhow, I thought it is a neat configuration, and wanted to share. Work with and without internet and has a lot of options that can be enabled/disabled for disaster troubleshooting.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
krzykat: Gotta say that the Galaxy S4's quad-core processor is a huge improvement once you turn on the WiFi hotspot feature. It's the first phone I've had that really makes Internet access with other devices transparent without losing the basic functionality of your cellphone. We went to New York for a few days, and we were running a couple MacBook Air's and an iPad off my S4. Burned through 9 gigs of Verizon 4G LTE data in less than a week. Glad we bought that unlimited data plan SIM on eBay. :driving:

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Yes - the S4 delivered flawless internet connectivity and some calls running through vitelity as carrier sounded like toll quality ... was pretty impressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.