Grandstream Budgetone 101 Talking CID No Longer Working

baldbrad

Reaction score
[SOLVED] Grandstream Budgetone 101 Talking CID No Longer Working

I have a BT101 that had the nice talking caller ID until last week, then it suddenly quit working, and the phone is now just ringing. Does anyone know what happened? Did Grandstream do something to the firmware, or did something happen within PIAF / FreePBX during updates to make it quit working?

Thanks

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Do you mean the one that gives a short ring, then says "You have a call from (caller ID number) ?
IIRC, that was a custom ring tone included with a Grandstream firmware update. Try setting your default ring to one of the custom ring tones and see if it comes back.

Cheers,
Mike

baldbrad

Reaction score
That's the one. I tried all 4 rings, and none of them talk. Nothing had been changed (by me, anyway) before this stopped working.

I'll try downgrading the firmware on it and see what happens.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this. I loved this feature of my Grandstream, but now it is gone. I'm pretty sure it was the voice of Allison. Wonder if they got caught using her voice without permission and it finally caught up with them. I sent them an email to support asking what happened and never heard back.

If anyone knows how to revert back, please post a solution here.

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Grandstream sent me a new ring1.bin file and told me to load it on the phone. I did (using t*f*t*p) and now I have Allison and her talking caller ID again. Let me know if you need the file, and I'll email it to you.

baldbrad

Reaction score
Yes, please send it to [Done, so email address removed]

I appreciate it!

baldbrad

Reaction score
Working now!

MODS: Are we allowed to post the ring1.bin file here so others who have this problem can download it?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
ZIP it up and post it. If someone complains, we'll remove it. Thanks!

baldbrad

Reaction score
Here is the ringer file. Put this (unzipped) file in the root directory of your t*f*t*p server (see above if you don't have one) (I use the built-in one in PIAF /tftpboot/), and put the IP of your t*f*t*p server in both firmware and configuration address fields in your BT10x phone's advanced configuration tab, update the page, and let the phone reboot.

Attachments

• Allison Talking Caller ID Ringer.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 20

mp3geek

Guru
Reaction score
Baldbrad, did you have any custom ring tones at all?

I provisioned 5 BT200's today for OPX use (they came loaded with the latest GS firmware) and since I don't like the system ring, I decided to see what the custom ones were in this new firmware....turns out I got the system ring no matter what I set it to! Apparently the latest firmware doesn't give you any custom tones at all. I have a few on my file server purloined from a competitors phone and converted to Grandstream format, so I put those on the local t*f*t*p server and the BT200's took them fine. But it's interesting that there appear to be none built in at all anymore.

Cheers,
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.