grabbing a config from an existing Linksys box

Alex728

Guru
Reaction score
I currently only build smaller PABX's and put the ATA's/phones on static IP addresses, so haven't used the Endpoint managers so far.

Although the Linksys kit works virtually out of the box, I'm a Brit and customise the progress tones and the ring pattern, and the timing so the RECALL (flash) button on British/Euro phones works properly (it can be made to work!)

I've got a few more boxes to configure - is it possible in any way to grab the config from an already provisioned one, copy it to a local file and upload it to new boxes?

Lost Trunk

Guru
Reaction score
I did a little bit of Googleing (Googling?) around and found that there used to be a utility called NewSipuraUtilV2.exe that supposedly would do this, with the caveat that it would not save passwords (anything obscured by ***** etc.). Unfortunately the original site it was hosted on (http://dualarrow.com/downloads/NewSipuraUtilV2.exe) appears to be down. However, if you plug the above link into the Wayback Machine, it will cough up a link from back on Aug 30, 2007 where you can download the file. I assume from the .exe extension that it runs in Windows (or maybe in Wine or Crossover on other OS's) but I haven't personally tried it. The software was originally discussed in this thread and while it was originally for the SPA-3000, it appears PAP2 support was later added. I have no idea if it will work with other Linksys/Sipura devices. Use at your own risk.

I believe (and don't quote me on this) that it works on the principle that the entire device configuration can be downloaded as a single web page (you have no doubt seen this if you've ever gone to a Linksys/Sipura configuration page with javascript disabled in your browser), and once downloaded there is a way to change certain items and re-upload it (presumably to a different device if that's what you want, but that's just an assumption on my part). If that's the case, it would explain why passwords aren't saved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.