NO JOY Gotcha-Free PBX on Old RasPi

MisterQ

Reaction score
Oh this is frustrating - Burn Raspian Image to SD on my Mac, install in Pi, boot (but I don't think it does because only one light comes on) only 5 IP's showing up in my router's DHCP Lease list - noone of them respond...

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
Oh this is frustrating - Burn Raspian Image to SD on my Mac, install in Pi, boot (but I don't think it does because only one light comes on) only 5 IP's showing up in my router's DHCP Lease list - noone of them respond...

Try using a PC. Didn't work on my Mac either. Up and running using the PC instructions.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Here's the script I use on a Mac.

Attachments

• make-sdhc-mac.tar.gz
    1.1 KB · Views: 2

MisterQ

Reaction score
Thanks - that worked (almost) it barfed on "1m" so I changed it to "1M" (saw that somewhere) and it worked. Notably, the SD Burn (when it didn't work) took about 20 minutes, the good one (which I have just booted off) took just over 4 hours to "burn". ONwards, and upwards....

MisterQ

Reaction score
I spoke to soon - get to changing the password and get this...

pi@incrediblepi2 ~ $ sudo passwd root
Enter new UNIX password:
Retype new UNIX password:
passwd: password updated successfully
pi@incrediblepi2 ~ $ logout
Connection to 192.168.0.118 closed.
peters-macbook-pro-15:~ pq$ ssh root@@192.168.0.118
root@@192.168.0.118's password:
Permission denied, please try again.
root@@192.168.0.118's password:

Tried it several times - most definitely typing the password that I have set...

aaarrgghh!

dandy_don

Reaction score
MisterQ -- It looks like there are two @ in the attempted secure shell login... There should only be one...

Can you try "ssh [email protected]" ?

Thanks,
Don

MisterQ

Reaction score
Whoops Between bifocals and too much work, my eyes blame my brain, and my brain blames my eyes.

Then again, shouldn't ssh return an error...

MisterQ

Reaction score
So to the next step...

root@incrediblepi2:~# tar zxvf incrediblepbx11guiPi.tar.gz
COPYING
incrediblefax11-GUI.sh
IncrediblePBX11Pi-GUI.sh
root@incrediblepi2:~# rm -f incrediblepbx11guiPi.tar.gz
root@incrediblepi2:~# ./IncrediblePBX11Pi-GUI.sh

WARNING: This installer requires the Raspbian 7 Raspberry Pi 2!
Before you begin: apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade -y && reboot
Press Ctrl-C now if you have not completed this step

Press Enter to proceed at your own risk...^C
root@incrediblepi2:~# apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade -y && reboot
Get:1 http://raspberrypi.collabora.com wheezy Release.gpg [836 B]
Should I be worried that this requires Raspberry Pi 2! - Some where back in theis thread, I am sure that ward said something about this working with older Pis.

Then it does a bunch of stuff, until

Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pcf2127-rtc-overlay.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pcf2127-rtc-overlay.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pcf8523-rtc-overlay.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pcf8523-rtc-overlay.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/pps-gpio-overlay.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/pps-gpio-overlay.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w1-gpio-overlay.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w1-gpio-overlay.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Adding 'diversion of /boot/overlays/w1-gpio-pullup-overlay.dtb to /usr/share/rpikernelhack/overlays/w1-gpio-pullup-overlay.dtb by rpikernelhack'
Unpacking replacement raspberrypi-bootloader ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/raspberrypi-bootloader_1.20150214-1_armhf.deb (--unpack):
cannot copy extracted data for './lib/modules/3.18.7+/kernel/sound/usb/snd-usb-audio.ko' to '/lib/modules/3.18.7+/kernel/sound/usb/snd-usb-audio.ko.dpkg-new': failed to write (Read-only file system)
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/lib/modules/3.18.7+/kernel/sound/usb/snd-usb-audio.ko': Read-only file system
unable to remove newly-installed version of `/lib/modules/3.18.7+/kernel/sound/usb': Read-only file system
unable to remove newly-extracted version of `/lib/modules/3.18.7+/kernel/sound/pci/ac97/snd-ac97-codec.ko': Read-only file system
unable to remove newly-installed version of `/lib/modules/3.18.7+/kernel/sound/pci/ac97': Read-only file system
dpkg

Frustration level to max...

System wont respond to anything now pwd works, but ls df ps don't and after a reboot - well it didn't reboot. Here we go again - reburn the SD - another 4 hours..

sigh

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
MisterQ This new build was designed for the Raspberry Pi 2. Somebody reported that it worked on a Raspberry Pi B+. We have not tested it and don't intend to. It wasn't designed for the older platform. Under the hood of both the RasPi and Incredible PBX, almost everything is different. Stick with the prior Raspberry Pi B+ implementation until you get a RasPi 2. Life's too short. :Angel anim:

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
When a filesystem goes read-only, it means the kernel had an error on that disk, and switched it to read-only so as to prevent more damage.

I'd try a different card, myself.

MisterQ

Reaction score
So, I guess that asteriskgui won't work with the older platform either.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Not unless you can get the hardware and SD card issues sorted out. Like I said, some folks have gotten it to work with reliable Type 10 cards, but YMMV.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
MisterQ there are only a few webgui pbx installs that work well on an original pi from what I have experienced:

FusionPBX, underneath is Freeswitch, choosing nginx webbrowser and sqlite db .

Freesentral, underneath is YATE, you have to enable ssl in Apache, and callforwarding is broken on any YATE version higher that 4.3, and only numeric password for extensions

Gemeinschaft 3.2, underneath is Asterisk, wardmundy has done a lot of work on it over here http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/gemeinschaft-3-development-returns.16283/ the web interface is very quick, and intuitive, it has been proven to work on a raspberry pi, and a beaglebone black, I'm currently looking at the script and proper internationalising the web interface, the main disadvantage is only numeric passwords for extensions.

Suffice to say, I have only deployed incrediblepi in production environments at present, while I test the new options

MisterQ

Reaction score
My hardware had been working fine for over a year, so doubt that is the problem. I was just trying to update to new software. So, going back to the older install. Is it incrediblepi-3.11.tar.gz or 3.11.11.tar.gz that I should be using?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You've never identified the SD card you're using, or did I miss it??

Reaction score
I'm one of those who got this all working on an original RPi model B (you don't mention which original Pi you have...A, B or B+). Outlined here: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/raspberry-pi-b-and-incredible-pbx-for-asterisk-gui-any-love.16623/ . The only problem I had was with knockd, which I compiled locally to fix. As mentioned before, it sounds like you are having SD card issues. I have a PNY 16GB class 10, on turbo overclocked mode, and it works fine. All functionality seems to be there...GV, voip.ms, faxing, etc. I haven't gone beyond the "out of the box" functionality, but I have made calls between the two pre-provisioned extensions, and made both outgoing calls (via voip.ms and GV) as well as incoming via GV.

Like Ward and others said, this has not been tested officially. If Ward likes to use the moniker "Pioneers" for new things, this would be considered "off the reservation".

MisterQ

Reaction score
So, going great guns, but get to the point where via web brower, I get

.htaccess files are disable on this webserver. Please enable them
Module "phpMyAdmin" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Reminders" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "AsteriDex" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "ConfigEdit" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Sys Info" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded

Firstly - enabling .htaccess file - how do I do this.

Secondly. To redownload, I went into Module Admin and "removed" this - I am guess that I should have used uninstall, as they don't show up any more.

One option is to go to Module Admin, select upload modules, and then this has the ability to download and install straight from a tarball on the net. Problem is, don't know where this would be.

Or am I looking at the wrong approach to foxing this glitch.

klingon888

Guru
Reaction score
Its an SD card speed issue. I had the same problem and believe I'm the one Ward mentioned who managed to install on the older 512K Pi. I cheated by compiling and building everything using a USB drive. Just as you did with burning the Raspian image to the SD card, do the same to the USB drive. Then edit the file cmdline.txt on the SD card. Replace "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 with root=/dev/sda2". This will allow Pi to boot using the SD card but keeping the rest on the USB drive. Once you're done with the built, and you can login to Asterisk-GUI, use linux dd command to copy the image from the USB drive back to your SD card. This takes more work but its much faster than compiling on the SD card, even with using a Class10 card. Just make sure your partitions are the same size.

Reaction score
So, going great guns, but get to the point where via web brower, I get

.htaccess files are disable on this webserver. Please enable them
Module "phpMyAdmin" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Reminders" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "AsteriDex" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "ConfigEdit" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded
Module "Sys Info" is unsigned and should be re-downloaded

Firstly - enabling .htaccess file - how do I do this.

Secondly. To redownload, I went into Module Admin and "removed" this - I am guess that I should have used uninstall, as they don't show up any more.

One option is to go to Module Admin, select upload modules, and then this has the ability to download and install straight from a tarball on the net. Problem is, don't know where this would be.

Or am I looking at the wrong approach to foxing this glitch.

I thought you said this was a Gotcha-free version of RPi2 on an older RPi. What you just described is what happens when FreePBX is upgraded to version 12. There is no FreePBX on the Gotcha-Free RPi2 install.

You should search around or follow the links in FreeBPX related to those issues listed. The answers are out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.