TUTORIAL Google Voice Missing Chat

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
This week's solution is...

1. Place an outbound call with your new Google Voice account from within Gmail. Click on the Phone icon.

2. Then complete the following steps in Gmail:

CCp8ZYEWEAIZrg-.jpg:large

3. Wait about a minute while Google resets your account to support Google Chat.

4. Make another call using the Phone icon in Gmail.

5. Go back into Settings in Google Voice by clicking on the icon on the right side of the account.

6. In the Phones tab, enable Google Chat and disable the number you used to set up your account.

7. In the Calls tab, turn OFF Call Screening and ENABLE Global SPAM Filtering.

8. In the Voicemail tab, set up a Voicemail PIN and SAVE your settings.

9. If you're using one of the new SIP Gateways to Google Voice, that should be enough to use your account.

10. If you're using traditional Google Voice with FreePBX or Asterisk-GUI, complete the 2 additional steps here.

11. Don't forget to verify the email address associated with your account when you receive the verification request from Google.

wlraider70

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with motif being considered a "less secure app" by Google. I only had to respond to an email to allow it, but this was the first time I've encountered such a thing.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with motif being considered a "less secure app" by Google. I only had to respond to an email to allow it, but this was the first time I've encountered such a thing.

That's what Step #10 is all about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ejrubin
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.