TRY THIS Google Voice just rings and rings...

JBartolucci4

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to actually posting on the forums I have tried to read and learn (stumble though) as much as I can.

I have been able to get Google Voice set up in PIAF but it seems that when I dial out, for example to my cell phone as a test call, The call goes through just fine and when I answer it on my cell phone it just keeps ringing on my aastra phone where I made the call from as if it wasn't answered. This only occurs after the server has been running for a while. If I reset the server or just use the amportal restart command it will work just fine and calls will go through without any issues.

Any suggestions? Thank!

Cynjut

Reaction score
I'd guess that the firewall is to blame. After a certain amount of time with no activity, most firewalls will forget an "outgoing" connection, so when incoming traffic for that connection tries to make it's way back, the firewalls does what it's supposed to and blocks the connection. If you can, check your firewall status and see what active outgoing connections there are when you first start up and when you try your call later.

Try going into the trunk settings. Disable the GV trunk for a count of 10 or so, the re-enable it. That might re-establish the firewall rule (if that's what's causing the problem.)

JBartolucci4

Reaction score
Ok I have been watching the firewall log like a hawk and in fact have recently resorted to just making a rule to allow anything it blocks around the time a phone call is being placed (and failing) and still nothing works. Sometimes it sits for days before it starts doing this, other times its just a matter of hours. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.