R.I.P. Google Speech Recognition

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Last edited:

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Well, heck. Looks like the Speech API is no longer available for selection.

Sigh.

Trimline2

Guru
Reaction score
Minor details. Got it now. Do you think that Google could make it even more difficult. What is here today is gone tomorrow. I wonder how many applications they broke with this... thanks!

Rossanne.png

james

Guru
Reaction score
Most Google API's offer free/paid tier. I don't have the motivation to do the steps because I don't use this personally but perhaps someone who signed up could see if there is a paid offering.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Great job, lgaetz and a HUGE THANK YOU to lzaf. On the Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black platforms, the command to load perl-JSON is...
Code:
apt-get install libjson-perl
# or on CentOS use:
yum install perl-JSON

Preliminary steps look like this after you complete registration and obtain your API Key:
Code:
cd /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
mv speech-recog.agi speech-recog.last.agi
wget --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zaf/asterisk-speech-recog/master/speech-recog.agi
chown asterisk:asterisk speech*
chmod 775 speech*
nano -w speech-recog.agi
# plug your API key into line 70: my $key =

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
We put back up the demo line on a BeagleBone Black so you can try out the new Speech Recognition engine with the Yahoo Weather Reports for yourself:

demoline.gif

IanL01

Reaction score
I have a problem getting google speech working

1I have joined the Chromium-Dev group
2I can create a project.
3If I select 3 in Wards post above I get an error “You do not have sufficient permissions to view this page”

I can see popular API’s but not speech.

Do I have to sign up for a free trial and give credit card details? I am I just dense and doing something wrong? or has Google moved the goal post?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Looks like you didn't actually join the Chromium-Dev group. I just went through the drill again, and it worked fine.

IanL01

Reaction score
Thanks for checking Ward.
I found the problem. Ghostery was blocking a tracking cooky, paused Ghostery and up popped the speech API.
Now I have speecg recognition.
Thank You.

trupsalms

Reaction score
error on google speech recognition

curl https://speech.googleapis.com/v1beta1/speech:syncrecognize?key=example -X POST -d '{}'
{
"error": {
"code": 403,
"message": "Project speechrecognitionasterisk1 (#example) has billing disabled. Please enable it.",
"status": "PERMISSION_DENIED",
"details": [
{
"@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.Help",
"links": [
{
"description": "Google developer console API key",
"url": "https://console.developers.google.com/project/example/apiui/credential"
}
]
}
]
}
}

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Google TTS and STT break regularly and should be considered one big piece of :shit:. I would strongly encourage you to move to IBM TTS and STT, both of which have a free tier that is more than ample for individuals and SOHO businesses. Tutorials are available on Nerd Vittles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.