FOOD FOR THOUGHT Google Caller ID from Kitkat for PIAF

ariban

Reaction score
Anyone has a way to integrate googles caller id that they use in androind kitkat for PIAF? its a free and works not bad!!

if there is something please let me know how to add it.

thanks
Ben

steven

Guru
Reaction score
I don't know the inner workings of Google's CID, but CID Superfecta works pretty well already. What is Google providing that Superfecta isn't?

ariban

Reaction score
maybe i dont know how to use it well but google id provides me with a name of the caller, superfecta at least how i have it set up (which i dont know much about) only shows me the number and doesnt show me the name of most people.
in other words in superfecta there are many providers to select to show the data or name of the caller, google id should be one of them because its a free service from google and google uses their search engine to provide this info for free.
am i explaining it correctly? i am not that good at superfecta to be honest, i am new with this system and i love it more and more everyday as i learn more about it.

visionlogic

Guru? Nope
Reaction score
I'm unaware of any API or other method that would allow using the KitKat Google CID with PIAF. Of course I don't know the environment of your PIAF install, but you might want to do something similar to what I've done.

I have a home/small business PIAF system running on a Raspberry Pi and OpenCNAM ( https://www.opencnam.com ) is pretty good. They have a free tier and a cheap paid tier ($0.004 per lookup). The free tier searches a cache and is limited in number/frequency of searches, and the paid tier is real time. I use the paid tier. Just create an OpenCNAM account and dump $10 into it. Then in PIAF insert your OpenCNAM Account SID # and Auth Token # into the OpenCNAM module of Superfecta in the box that opens when you click on OpenCNAM. The search order of Superfecta modules I use is:

Asteridex
Superfecta Cache
OpenCNAM
Trunk Provided (probably not needed)

If a call comes in that doesn't give me the CID detail that I want then I go into Asteridex (PIAF drop down menu "Other -> Asteridex -> Admin") and add the number and the Contact Name Info that I want and save it. Since I've placed Asteridex 1st on the module list in Superfecta then the info I entered there will always show when the next call from that number is received.

I'm sure there are other ways to arrange the modules/methods used within Superfecta, but this works (cheaply) for me.

ariban

Reaction score
I understand, i just thought it would be nice to have google id working as a source for the data names like opencnam just google id is free.
i guess maybe one day when google gives thei api for their caller id system and someone who knows how to implement it into piaf, it would be something nice to do as its free from google!
thanks for explaining how yours works in the meanwhile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.